What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

opposition in 09

carinashark

First Grade
Just thinking about the season ahead, which should be better than last season if we can keep injuries down to a minimum. I dont think its too early as we are into the trials period.I know Im optomistic but here goes.

Manly . Home game win only.Very hard to beat.
Storm . We will be lucky to take one off them. Very close.Very hard to beat .
Parra. We will win both games this year.
Dragons . Home win only . They will be strong.
Warriors . Win
Titans . We will win both . Fairy tale is over for them.
Cowboys. Win
Tigers. Win
Souths ( who) Win . Should be easy.
Brisbane. Home game win only , Very strong.
Roosters. Win , The fairy tale is over for Brad. Loosing strength.
Penrith. Win, Just a shadow of what they were.
Raiders. Win. Must not be underestimated!
Dogs. Win . They should be easy this year.Well they have Noddy.
Knights .Win. They will be hard as always.

I see us only dropping a few games and finishing 2 or 3.

Vossy

Bench
i :lol: at your 2nd rate 2nd row..

creagh looks like he is going to break a bone every time he runs, jeremy is just rubbish and neville is just a neville

Inferno

Coach

creagh looks like he is going to break a bone every time he runs, jeremy is just rubbish and neville is just a neville

I think there's is one of the best in the league to be honest. Not quite at our standard, but not far behind us either.

RufusRex

Post Whore
two refs is going to screw the sharks over ... There are three teams in the NRL who really like the wrestle and slowing the play down - Storm, Manly, Cronulla ....

The 2nd ref is going to limit the slowing tactics of these sides quite considerably and you are going to see teams who base their attack on quick play the balls and nippy halves getting quite a lift. Its going to be more like 2005 with teams like the Titans, Tigers, Cowboys getting more advantage from the refs.

Cronulla like last year will struggle to score points but unlike last year their defence will not be allowed to strangle the oppositions momentum.

The biggest issues cronulla have are in 6/7/9 ... Sticky has struggled since getting a first grade gig to really get these positions working well together. He has moments but the road is littered with the corpses of halves who sticky ruined.

Your 6/7/9 will be too slow and not creative enough to exploit the referee interpretations this year.

Have fun watching Barrett continually get tackled on the 5th taking him out of play for the last tackle.

Inferno

Coach
two refs is going to screw the sharks over ... There are three teams in the NRL who really like the wrestle and slowing the play down - Storm, Manly, Cronulla ....

The 2nd ref is going to limit the slowing tactics of these sides quite considerably and you are going to see teams who base their attack on quick play the balls and nippy halves getting quite a lift. Its going to be more like 2005 with teams like the Titans, Tigers, Cowboys getting more advantage from the refs.

Cronulla like last year will struggle to score points but unlike last year their defence will not be allowed to strangle the oppositions momentum.

The biggest issues cronulla have are in 6/7/9 ... Sticky has struggled since getting a first grade gig to really get these positions working well together. He has moments but the road is littered with the corpses of halves who sticky ruined.

Your 6/7/9 will be too slow and not creative enough to exploit the referee interpretations this year.

Have fun watching Barrett continually get tackled on the 5th taking him out of play for the last tackle.

I think you've been reading too many Gus Fool articles. I don't know why we got lumped in with Melbourne and Manly as wrestlers, our defence and slowing down in the ruck was off the back of strong dominant tackles (led the league) a lot more than wrestling.

Personally I think our 6/7/9 is stronger across the park, but I think the biggest problem will be getting them to gel given it's a brand new combination.

I think our cohort of 2nd rowers will be able to out flank other team's 6-7-9 and nullify a lot of their attack.

redVpride

Juniors

must be alot of crystal meth in the shire with those comments your divers in the 2nd row will leave soccer fans delighted :lol:

cityshark

Juniors
I always thought we were the worst of the 'wrestlers' as a team. Sure Gal mastered it but the rest of the team were pretty average at it. Its just Gus dumping on Ricky when ever he can. Every tackle will have to put away the ball carrier , bring on Jason Bakuya.

sharkadelic

Juniors
I am not convinced we have the best line up, but i reckon we are up there.

The only teams to cause us problems may be;

Melbourne - Still well coached and heaps of strike power despite the departures.

Manly - A fair amount of talent, even with beaver gone.

Cowboys - If their key players stay on the field,
one of the best lineups in the comp

Warriors - As with the Cowboys, maybe even more so. With Jones on the roster, even more so.

Broncos - Even though their roster is way down on previous years you cant write them off. Lockyer scheming away and the home crowd makes this a very dangerous away game.

Every thing else i think we can more than handle. We may lose up to a 3rd of those games. top 4 likely, top 8 definitely - barring a massive injury toll

Vossy

Bench
we dont wrestle, we gang up in tackles and dominate and that makes it slow for the opposition, we dont wrestle like the storm and the bag of dirty tricks and the manly fat merkins..

silly goose gould

must be alot of crystal meth in the shire with those comments your divers in the 2nd row will leave soccer fans delighted :lol:

:lol: team of divers..bird has left, gallen tupou and maitua (when he isnt in court) will be too busy destroy other teams to be diving

carinashark

First Grade
Jeez Gal milks a couple of penalties and now we are 'Divers" what rubbish. Typical drug slur from REDV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

millersnose

Post Whore
rickies proxy said:
I see us only dropping a few games and finishing 2 or 3.

we have had minimal injuries this year ricky and we arent coming 2nd or 3rd

how did you get it so wrong ricky?

Latest posts