What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Options to Sign

mickeylane

Bench
We do have a dilemma where do we stay loyal w juniors coming through over the next 2 seasons or do we sign any of the available experienced players on the market to make a run for a top 4 from 2022 onwards whilst the young ones get a taste of 1st grade and gain more experience. Here are the options on offer..

Milford or Sloan/Ramsay
Corey Oates or Fegais/Ramsay
Fergurson or Fegais / Ramsay
Mbye or Sullivan / Amone
Nikorima or Sullivan/Amone
Peachey or Sullivan/Amone
G Burgess or Alvaro/Ellis
TPJ or Alvaro/Ellis

On a perfect day I think we can afford to sign any 2-3 of the above if we choose to ...I believe there are 1-2 interesting opportunities in there..

qld redvee

Juniors
We do have a dilemma where do we stay loyal w juniors coming through over the next 2 seasons or do we sign any of the available experienced players on the market to make a run for a top 4 from 2022 onwards whilst the young ones get a taste of 1st grade and gain more experience. Here are the options on offer..

Milford or Sloan/Ramsay
Mbye or Sullivan / Amone
TPJ or Alvaro/Ellis

On a perfect day I think we can afford to sign any 2-3 of the above if we choose to ...I believe there are 1-2 interesting opportunities in there..
Mickey,
we should only buy players that are better than current crop , also have to watch the dreaded salary cap
with that in mind I would like to get TPJ
oates could be a decent buy as he would give some punch on kick returns and his height is an advantage but would depend on the dollars he would accept - this is really relevant to all others on your list
definitely a utility is required and I think cust could fit the bill and would be cheaper if we can get the right forward mix for next year then the amones sullivan etc will have a lot more to work with

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Milford or Sloan/Ramsay
Mbye or Sullivan / Amone
TPJ or Alvaro/Ellis

Ok lets start at the bottom of your list:

TPj for Alvaro and/or Ellis would be a no brainer.
Burgess I feel the rumour has gone cold on that one. The likes of Coric, Magnone, Arandt, Nicholson and Dowell coming through as juniors. Don't forget JHunt as well. Club has big opinion of Josh Coric. Some good kids in Sherab and Gale will also complete our edge in the near future.
One of Nikorima, MBye or Peachey as a utility not as starting players.
Furguson - no
Oates - no has too many injuries now and would be a liability
Milford - no, the investment has already been made in Amone as a 5/8 to replace Norman, and Hunt still has 3yrs left on his deal as a 7.

So, out of that a yes to TPJ as a prop, and 1 of Nikorima, Mbye or Peachey, as utilities, that's about it.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Saints need a big forward and hooker. The other positions are covered. TPJ I would get for the forward and Cade Cust as a back up hooker to Macca.
agree, If we had the funds I think TPJ and Peachey, if not TPJ and Cust. Cade Cust is very underrated but whenever I have seen him play he delivers. good triangle option.
Not convinced on Nikorima or Milford, overpriced and not a good return on investment imo

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Who are our juniors in the Forwards?

Josh Coric - big wraps on him
Bryce Magnone - SG Ball player of the year
Ben Arandt - still eligible for JF but getting time in KOE Cup
Matt Nicholson - current JF captain
Jalal Bazzaz - Aust schoolboys and played international level for Lebanon
Bailey Antrobus - another still eligible for JF but getting time in KOE Cup
Shalom O'Ofou - ditto above
Jackson Sherab - straight from SG Ball to KOE Cup
Luke Gale - been out injured but was earmarked for a DS position before hand.

So there's at least 9, and possibly more, that are our junior forwards. They need a lot of development yes, and not all will make it, however a few have already jumped a competition level ie Sg Ball to KOE Cup and it wouldn't surprise to see a few added to our DS next year, if not a spot for 1 or 2 in our top 30.

denis preston

First Grade

So there's at least 9, and possibly more, that are our junior forwards. They need a lot of development yes, and not all will make it, however a few have already jumped a competition level ie Sg Ball to KOE Cup and it wouldn't surprise to see a few added to our DS next year, if not a spot for 1 or 2 in our top 30.
Well, done DS. I must temper my criticism of the KOE side as clearly the club is using it for development, which i guess is the way to go.

George Dragon

Juniors

You can add Connor Muhleisen to that list.
Coric and Shereb have DP contracts.

Off top of head @Dragonslayer.. how many are St George juniors and how many Steelers? I know Coric and Sherab are Illawarra juniors. Both part of the Class of 2019 Ball side. Bryce Magnone came to us from the Raiders.

Last edited:

Latest posts