What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford rumoured to Link with Souths 2012?

Zigwaa

Bench
Reported on The Mole's twitter.

Hopefully not the case. I would rather a rookie half than Orford who is 33, coming of a dreadful season, and only going to get worse.

Big Sam

First Grade
No. Wouldn't have wanted him even in his 'prime'. The most overrated player of this millennium and has only gotten worse since he's been back in the NRL.

Ozzy

First Grade
Reported on The Mole's twitter.

Hopefully not the case. I would rather a rookie half than Orford who is 33, coming of a dreadful season, and only going to get worse.
Sounds like a Gee-up to me Zigwaa.

BTW who is the Mole? BM's "girlfriend"? :p

Galeforce

Bench
these rumours are all a concern .
Cooper Cronk has been a great player todate , he will be 31 by end of 2013. if we do not expect any of our current players to step up to the half role in 2012 and will depend on a 31 year old half for 2013 , please give me a break and medication now!!! i expect that the coach will find a solution for half in our current players this year , be it Reynolds , or Carr or Peats or Roberts or Webster if he is still with us.If one of these players does step up , then i would be sad to see them replaced next year by a 31 year old player.if our players are not ready this year , i would prefer a 2012 solution like Orford on the cheap and then go for young half going places for 2013, not a player who is coming to us for a lot of money to finish their career.
ps i do not want Orford , however i would prefer Orford on the cheap for 2012 then an expensive Cronk for 2013.

hunters

Juniors
You would honestly rather Roberts or Webster in the 7 jersey than a 31 year old Cooper Cronk? (actually he won't be 31 until the very end of next year).

So you would also knock back Thurston based on age?

Galeforce

Bench
i want a half who will make it in 2012 !!! So whoever makes it work in 2012 and is young would YES be preferred to a 31 year old cronk in 2013. If we have to wait until 2013 for a half then 2012 sounds like a wasted year. Of course a Cronk in 2012 would be first preference , however not a 31 year old Cronk in 2013.

sputneek

Juniors
Have you guys even thought of the fact that Orford would be bought as depth, just like Mortimer and Easts? I wouldn't mind having a premiership winning halfback in my reserve grade team.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
Have you guys even thought of the fact that Orford would be bought as depth, just like Mortimer and Easts? I wouldn't mind having a premiership winning halfback in my reserve grade team.

Orford burnt that bridge to Souths when he ^$#&^$ the club over. Orford said he would play for us and then reneged citing Manly would be better because of its geographical closeness to family in Gosford.

Zigwaa

Bench

I don't think Orford would accept minimum wage and that's all I would offer him.

Bullseye

Juniors
Hopefully you're not desperate enough to want him as he's well past it by now. He fekked us over at Bradford by maintaining he was coming back to the Bulls from Aus after surgery before deciding he was going to look for an NRL club. It was too late for us to get a replacement so we had to cope a whole season without a halfback.

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.