What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford: The most important player going into the finals.

gregstar

Referee
t-ba said:
That makes roughly zero sense Billy.
atleast it's cogent, which is an improvement for you.
i can only assume you're comparing his effort to that of an empty can of anti-perspirant spray which has recently rolled across a keyboard.

gregstar

Referee
t-ba said:
My thoughts exactly. The only problem was he clocked off 5 minutes early last year after a great first half and a so-so first 35 minutes of the second half against Joeycastle.
i'd like to see the little turd go okay because he is capable of it.

it just sucks that it would mean seeing your mob win.

t-ba

Post Whore
gregstar said:
i'd like to see the little turd go okay because he is capable of it.

it just sucks that it would mean seeing your mob win.

He need his team to fire. Melbourne fans like to blame Orford for all their woes, but last years grand final loss was a rerun of all of those years they fell in a heap in the second week of the finals with Orford there.

_Johnsy

Referee
gregstar said:
he looks like alan langer in week one of the finals.

by the end of week 2, he looks like felix unger.

F**K that's funny.

In all honesty if Melbourne cannot win it this year, they are the BIGGEST chokers ever, by far and away the best performed side over 07, 06. Interesting couple of weeks indeed.

What a surprise.A thread on a Manly player that is hijacked by posters with no grip on reality.
All that matters in this case is WHAT ORFORD thinks and does come finals time.The past is the past and this is a whole new ballgame.
I loved the Posts saying I don't want him playing for us.Well guess what?HE plays for MANLY.We don't want to swap him nor do we care what others think of him.Keep it coming.
I would have thought by now most people would realise MANLY thrive on hatred(just like the dogs).So your best hope is to go Souths style and show the love.;-)

_Johnsy

Referee
oneeyedeaglesman said:
What a surprise.A thread on a Manly player that is hijacked by posters with no grip on reality.
;-)

Based on what i read they have based their opinions on past performances in big games, what more can they base them on?

Manly fans wishes for the next 7 weeks. :crazy:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
chemicalbrother said:
No because We would not have got into the GF with Orford.

At least we are consistant compared to sea Gulls

:sarcasm: With Orford, the drizzle lost. Without Orford, the dirzzle lost. What's the difference?

Bellamy's bridesmaids. I can almost see it in the paper now.

kav

Juniors
The key to winning final matches and particularly Grand Finals is having a set of forwards with the aggressive defence and willing go forward to grind the opposition down. Then, and only then, can halves use their talents to create try scoring opportunities for the ball runners and wingers. Assuming that every team in the finals have halves who can do this effectively, then it is not that important whether it is Orford, Cronk, Sherwin, Smith, Witt, Thurston, Marshall or Anasta callling the shots.

Kav

Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
:sarcasm: With Orford, the drizzle lost. Without Orford, the dirzzle lost. What's the difference?

Bellamy's bridesmaids. I can almost see it in the paper now.

Storm

BO(Before Orford)= Week 2 in the final

AO(After orford)= Grand finalist

That the difference?

Enjoy the little Tightass!!!!

He Own me money!!!

goboggo

Juniors
What a pathetic thread you lot have turned this into, with your thoughtless bickering.

I think the original post was interesting. Some Parra fans said at the start of the year that Manly would be better with Monaghan at half, but at the time I agreed, but I think differently now.

Orford is very, very important because he has been showing that he knows exactly which weapons to use, and when. The Manly structure has revolved around his ability to cause trouble for outside backs. Wide defending is all about making decisions - when do I push up, when do I stay back for the grubber, when do I jam in, when do I stay out - and Orford has the knowledge and understanding of not only Manly's attack, but the opposition defence. He is the one that decides when to go short to Watmough or out the back to Stewart, or when to drop the ball in behind the line.

Manly have been playing fantastically, and will be one of the hardest teams to beat in the finals. And Orford's decision making and control of their attack will be a big part of that.

Ice777

Bench
t-ba said:
He need his team to fire. Melbourne fans like to blame Orford for all their woes, but last years grand final loss was a rerun of all of those years they fell in a heap in the second week of the finals with Orford there.

Haven't you read not only all the posts in here but every other one over around finals time in regards to Orford's performances in finals? It's not only Melbourne fans who question his ability in the crunch games, it's pretty much EVERY fan here except one's who follow Manly.

If the Storm fans like to blame Orford for the reasons you stated, then what's your reasoning for the vast majority of fans from every other team who think the same thing about Orford's below par finals appearances? And please don't give me the tired and old "because they all hate Manly" line. I reckon you can be more creative than that.

As much as Manly fans will say they're more than happy to go into the finals with Orford at the helm which they probably are, at the same time i'd also bet money that those same people are a bit worried about which Orford will turn up when the semi's come around. I totally agree with what someone else said, i've got no doubt in the world that Manly can win the comp with Orford playing his best footy but they could just as easily lose it if he goes missing as he's done in the past. Not just when he was in Melbourne but like last year with Manly as well IMO.

Orford will choke...crap kicking game and with pressure applied in finals footy he will not have the time or space to do his magic.

CharlieF

Juniors
So what was Melbournes reason for not winning last year?

What will be the reason for not winning it this year? You are confident you are going to win aren't you? You would want to be, if they lose, it will be considered the biggest choke in recent NRL history. You do realise this? I guess it should be no problem now that Orford is gone?

Think of this, Manly v Melbourne in the GF. Orford gets winning points and MOM.
This is not expected to happen. God help Melbourne if it does.

woodyk2

First Grade
Orford is a good player...no doubt. But the bloke can't tackle. His defence is garbage. As a sea eagle supporter that fact worries me.

CharlieF

Juniors
woodyk2 said:
Orford is a good player...no doubt. But the bloke can't tackle. His defence is garbage. As a sea eagle supporter that fact worries me.

He can tackle, he just doesn't go looking for them. There is enough in the team to do the tackling. Orford needs to concentrate on attack.

Latest posts