What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organisation/shape/***STRUCTURE***

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kenny Edwards says some interesting things about Mitch Moses and how he will fit into our word-beginning-with-S: http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/05/18/edwards_we_have_to_b.html

Edwards said the addition of Moses to the Blue & Gold will complement Corey Norman’s game, benefitting the Eels.

“He [Moses] is really good and loves running the ball and that is what we really look forward to having him here. Normy really organises our side and tells us where to go and what to do, and Mitch just plays off the cuff and that is good for us.” Edwards said.

“I don’t know if we were missing much, but I know our last tackle options and kicking game, Gutherson did a fantastic job for us in the first few weeks, but he is a natural ball runner too. He didn’t have time to work on his short kicking game and all the finesse so I suppose we are missing that finesse in the last tackle options and that is something Mitch can bring.” He added.

“Normy runs a lot of our shape and gets us to our points and I think Mitch will have a license to roam and play what is in front of him.”

Also interesting about our organisation on the right hand side. But you merkins will have to listen to the audio.

Chipmunk

Coach
Kenny Edwards says some interesting things about Mitch Moses and how he will fit into our word-beginning-with-S: http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/05/18/edwards_we_have_to_b.html

Also interesting about our organisation on the right hand side. But you merkins will have to listen to the audio.

If I'm not mistaken, does that not completely contradict what the coach said on some radio show the other night when Moses arrived? He basically indicated the reverse of the two roles above that Kenny Edwards described.

Bazal

Post Whore
Personally I wouldn't believe a word that Kenny Edwards says....He's a liar and a scoundrel.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don't reckon Kenny focuses/listens too much at training so I'd take the word of BA over his.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't reckon coaches and players are too honest with the media at times. I would trust the dumber players to slip up and tell the truth more than coaches.

Noise

Coach
"Normy runs a lot of our shape and gets us to our points and I think Mitch will have a license to roam and play what is in front of him.

So with Norman out who is going run our shape and get us to our points?

Bazal

Post Whore
"Normy runs a lot of our shape and gets us to our points and I think Mitch will have a license to roam and play what is in front of him.

So with Norman out who is going run our shape and get us to our points?

Kenny

LOL This is the exact opposite Brad stated he wanted him for the other day, it was stated that brad was going to use him as the organiser and corey was going to play off the cuff lol

phantom eel

First Grade
25343_4_1.jpg

lingard

Coach

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Interesting, too, that he talks about a half-back "organising" the team and "telling us where to go and what to do". Who would have thought?
But also talks about himself (a forward) and Brad Takairangi (an outside back) organising their edge of the field - the same edge that Mitch Moses (a halfback) plays on.