What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sretsoor

Juniors
Two points:

- Phil Gould hasn't seen the special reports naming names that the ACC gave to the sporting bodies and neither have you. Actually giving them names sounds to me like they know something.

I thought this morning it was reported no one knows who has been named as those details have been disclosed to the Police only (i.e match fixing). No other names have been released.

betcats

Referee
Yeah

How corrupt is that merkin

"yes I spent 2million dollars from my bank account on buying a house, no i dont know where that 2 million came from or how that 2 million came to be in my bank account"

Obeids son the other day under qustioning lol, may as well as stamp guilty on your forehead.

Patorick

Staff member
There is desperate.

And then there is the people using this to push their political views.

ek999

First Grade
I thought this morning it was reported no one knows who has been named as those details have been disclosed to the Police only (i.e match fixing). No other names have been released.

No the NRL & AFL etc know the names. See the video in blukablu's post above

Frailty

First Grade
spot on Gus

the ACC sound like they know f**k all

The 'public' ACC report is censored or watered down version of the full report, which does name names.

It also uses language like 'suspected' because it is not a judge or jury to determine guilt.

However, I don't see the sense in the big publicity stand made without any sort of conviction, just leaving it open to speculation.

firechild

First Grade
They need to start openly naming people or absolving them of guilt. Might be some nervous sponsors getting ready to pull the pin on deals with innocent clubs.

Frailty

First Grade
They need to start openly naming people or absolving them of guilt. Might be some nervous sponsors getting ready to pull the pin on deals with innocent clubs.

They won't start releasing names until they are being charged.

This report should never have been publicly released as much as it has been.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Just think how glorious it would be if the Storm won last year's premiership with a team full of drug cheats! They would be stripped of their title again!

Fingers crossed! It would have to be the end of the Storm.

you're a merkin

i find it amazing they'd release such a report which damages all australian sport without organising for any charges to be made in conjunction with the police.

if there are players in any code doping they should be getting a tap on the shoulder along with the report being made public. how long now till we know if the cops are going to charge anyone? a week, a month? halfway through the comp?

Canard

Immortal
They won't start releasing names until they are being charged.

This report should never have been publicly released as much as it has been.

Agreed its a bit odd.

Is it because the other code farked them over by jumping out early with a press release?

The NRL/AFL CEO's know the names and players involved, what are they doing with this information? You would have to think they are busy in the background dealing with this.

In this "I want it now" world we live in, its amazing that its been 2 days and this is considered "dragging it out".

Id say its only a matter of days before the report gets leaked, or arrests/charges start to be made.

some11

Referee
In this "I want it now" world we live in, its amazing that its been 2 days and this is considered "dragging it out".

Speculation and innuendo isn't a good thing especially when you've got terrible journalism running rife.

Canard

Immortal
Speculation and innuendo isn't a good thing especially when you've got terrible journalism running rife.

Agreed, but Im starting to think they weren't quite yet ready, but the AFL did them over by going off early.

But also, it shouldn't be the prerogative of the police to release information to suit criminals and the media's agenda.

Tone83

Juniors
All I'm worried about is this shit ruining the 2013 season with suspensions of top players and shit like that, I'll be fumin.

All this media exposure without specific details seems like a warning from the authorities. They give unexamined culprits time to cover their tracks.

The authorities, including the police/ the government have no interest in exposing this issue to the deepest. Professional sport is a big part of the Aussie economy, and tax revenue is all that matters to these people. All this drama is just a charade, they'll end up presenting a few scapegoats, the fans will feel warm and fuzzy and continue to shell out their cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.