What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin cred in tatters

girvie

Staff member
Inglis did play for NSW Schoolboys at Under-15s level.

It's a joke that he is allowed to play for Queensland because he only moved their for footy.

The whole point of State of Origin is that players play for the State that they originate from and not the state that they moved to for their rugby league career.

rugged

Juniors
I've always thought it was pretty slack that NSW can have people from Canberra in their team too.

Tigertread

Juniors
Munky said:
Just because he played for QLD Under 19s last year doesn't mean he didn't play for NSW Under 19s the year before.
He played under 17s in 2004 for Norths Colts in Brisbane while going to Wavell High School in Brisbane..

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the origin elibility rules are that a player is deemd to play for whicj state he palyed his first 'senior' game for. I'm not sure exactly what classes as senior. but as people have already stated it's not about birthplace but where you palyed your first senior game.

and yes tahu was born in melbourne, mason was born in auckland, sterling was born in qld and bob fulton was born in england

nqboy

First Grade
I have a mate born in NQ, raised in Innisfail, only ever been to NSW on hoidays, yet is a mad Raiders fan and a fierce Blue.

I've read that Inglis grew up supporting Qld in Origin and his hero was Allan Langer. Just goes to show how proudly his Maroon heart beats. We'll take him :D

And Misty, boo-hoo too yoo.

Meanie

Juniors
nqboy said:
I have a mate born in NQ, raised in Innisfail, only ever been to NSW on hoidays, yet is a mad Raiders fan and a fierce Blue.

I've read that Inglis grew up supporting Qld in Origin and his hero was Allan Langer. Just goes to show how proudly his Maroon heart beats. We'll take him :D

And Misty, boo-hoo too yoo.

Exactly, he had the choice, he picked Queensland, fine with me.

***MH***

Bench
IMO players that have legitimatley migrated to a new location as a youngster has the right to represent their new location. If people are to respect the area that they move to and become a valuable member of society of that area and follow the values and traditions of their new location, they should have every right to represent their new found home.

girvie

Staff member
***MH*** said:
IMO players that have legitimatley migrated to a new location as a youngster has the right to represent their new location. If people are to respect the area that they move to and become a valuable member of society of that area and follow the values and traditions of their new location, they should have every right to represent their new found home.
But Queensland isn't Inglis's new home. He lives in Melbourne now. He only only lived in Queensland for footy. He even spent his off-seasons at his real home in NSW. I doubt he will live in Queensland ever again unless he signs with the Broncos, Cowboys or Titans.

icewind

Juniors
two words:

sour grapes.

changing from "originate" to "raised up in" to "where am I living now" to who knows what else next.

first senior game is what counts no matter what you chumps believe it should be. if you feel so strongly about this, why don't you just stop watching and piss off.

Azkatro

First Grade
girvie said:
But Queensland isn't Inglis's new home. He lives in Melbourne now. He only only lived in Queensland for footy. He even spent his off-seasons at his real home in NSW. I doubt he will live in Queensland ever again unless he signs with the Broncos, Cowboys or Titans.
That's possibly the sh*ttest point so far. He lives in Melbourne because he plays for Melbourne! :lol:

girvie

Staff member
Azkatro said:
That's possibly the sh*ttest point so far. He lives in Melbourne because he plays for Melbourne! :lol:
Exactly. And he lived in Qld only because he was playing there. In Origin the players should represent where they are from and not where they went to play football.

Thomas said:
Where did Inglis play his first senior game of footy?

Qld.

Enough said.

Exactly, same with Tom LL - he played his first senior game for QLD, says hes a queenslander, but yet people still think hes a blue.

Latest posts