What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin live into Melbourne!

Ice777

Bench
It was announced on last nights AFL footy show that Origin I will be going live into Melbourne after originally being scheduled to be shown at 9.30pm. While that won't mean much to QLD and NSW people, it's a big deal for us down here and hopefully it pulls good numbers and shows Channel 9 that live rugby league does have a place here in Victoria.

Ice777

Bench
Sorry i didn't see there was already a thread on this. Please forgive me Timmah i promise it'll never happen again :sarcasm:

LESStar58

Referee
I'll carry the thread on regardless ice.

Yep, fantastic news. Looking forward to mutibng the sound on Ch 9 and turning up Roy & HG on the Js! :lol:

I have a terrible feeling that 9 are just showing it so they can play the "RL doesn't rate" card no matter what it rates and shut everyone up.

Look, its 2 games back to back live (game 3 06 and game one this year)...they have to get serious starting right now and this is certainly a step in the right dircetion. But as we all know its a case of "one step forward, 2 steps back" with channel 9.

Whoosh

Juniors
I don't care if it is just Channel 9 setting up for the "doesn't rate" call. I'm very happy it's on live and I'll be encouraging everyone I know down here to flick it on and have a look. I know plenty of AFL supporters who'll watch it vecause they know if's great quality rugby league. I'm happy!

flamin

Juniors
Ice777 said:
It was announced on last nights AFL footy show that Origin I will be going live into Melbourne after originally being scheduled to be shown at 9.30pm. While that won't mean much to QLD and NSW people, it's a big deal for us down here and hopefully it pulls good numbers and shows Channel 9 that live rugby league does have a place here in Victoria.
Ice we know this is a big deal.
This is a very important step following having game 3 played in Melbourne last year.

shaggy

Juniors
The game in adelaide is being shown at 10:30 1 hr later than last year (i can't remember when origin 1 or 2 was but 3 was definantly at 9:30p)
peth is the same

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
shaggy said:
The game in adelaide is being shown at 10:30 1 hr later than last year (i can't remember when origin 1 or 2 was but 3 was definantly at 9:30p)
peth is the same

Ugh that's geniused. If 7 or 10 had the rights it'd be live nationwide...

yosh64

Juniors
Lockyer4President! said:
Ugh that's geniused. If 7 or 10 had the rights it'd be live nationwide...

No it wouldnt. Only if the NRL had negotiated for it to be live nationwide would they have put it live into SA. It doesnt rate that well in SA anyway. Remember how league has turned its back on SA, it doesnt surprise me that it doesnt get much support for SOO and league in general from SA.

Perth should get it at 8:30pm local time since they are broadcasting sunday games these days and there is a chance for perth to be the next expansion area. I'll be interested how it rates since it airs at 10:30pm their time.

murray

Juniors
Adelaide people are far, far more AFL-feral than Melbourne people. League never had a chance there.

shaggy

Juniors
the nrl/al/sarl have alot of work to be done

i mean what do u expect when given the rams, a last minute team chucked together for two years, then thanx for comming see you later, at least the reds had two years prior to superleague, and the only reason sa got the franchise was vic was with the arl

their will be a team in the nrl from sa

aarondoyle

Juniors
It would have to have been a better result than a usual wednesday night wouldn't it? Especially since they've already paid for it, why not use it.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i just dont understand how a city that rates one million for a grand final, rates more than Sydney, gets such sh*t coverage.

in fact i understand, i just cant digest the reasons why without throwing up a little.