What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

origin

saintjeff

Juniors
How can jackson ,Cordner and co get in with Frizzell and Thompson not being in the 17.
Jackson and Cordner have been average to say the least.

Last edited:

saint_jus

Bench
There are some strange selections in a few areas to be honest. I have no idea how at least one of Friz or Thompson didn't get in ahead of those two though, especially Friz

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Jackson and Cordner are the least of the problems with the side. How the hell can you justify the selection of Hodkinson. The guy is the worst halfback going around by a country mile. QLD will be laughing at that selection. Jackson and Cordner have played well at least this season (not better than Frizzell or Thompson that is for sure.

Qld by 13+ is my tip.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Wow....I don't want to sound like a whinger, but on paper, this team looks shit. I hope I'm wrong but f**k me QLD looks so much better.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Sorry...just a question...How can Frizzell (who played for Wales) be considered for SOO but players like Marshall and Widdop etc. can not?

2010Dragons

Bench
You tell me, do you want the Dragons to make the top 8 and win in the finals or win the bullshit exhibition game call State of Origin?

I would rather keep all our boys in OUR team fresh and no injuries to win the NRL competition.
Frizzel and Thompson are more important to our 2015 NRL campaign than a crap exhibition were players get injured and over worked.
This bullshit exhibition game brings out all the “I watch 3 games a year” supporters out of the wood work.
f**k the SOO!!!!

TheRev

First Grade
I would have liked 1 or 2 bolters, especially in the #5 jersey, Tedesco would have been super exciting.. Hoppa is a waste of the slot.

Overall its a boring squad, but their options were limited.. I reckon were still 1-2 yrs from having a bunch of kids ready to come thru and we can finally get rid of most of this current squad.. likewise for QLD, theyre side is boring as also.

saint06

Juniors
it looks bad - but you have to remember there is no hayne, no morris, no bird, no gallen.

When you are missing these types of players - I would be picking players in form and with some experience - that's why the non-selection of Lewis (he also played a test 3 weeks ago) makes no sense.

I can understand Cordner. Jackson bemuses me a little. And Hodkinson makes no sense. Also selections like Hoppa make me laugh (he has been beyond ordinary for Parra).

I would have thought Lewis was a sure pick, maybe Alex Johnson as well. But Friz is one of the inform back rowers in the comp - baffled.

It gets better for saints - morgan has been named as 18th man for QLD, with DCE looking less likely of playing.

I fancy playing the Cowboys without JT, Tamou, Scott and Morgan (and an injured Tamoulolo).

TheRev

First Grade
As for Thommo/Frizzell, meh the other options are fantastic also, and Klemmer/Jackson were in the aussie squad yeah, I mean they are first choice selections.. im not actually sure Thommo is big enough tbh, and Frizzell will kill it, but no rush.. hes only just hitting his stride this season.

The Nick

Bench
You tell me, do you want the Dragons to make the top 8 and win in the finals or win the bullshit exhibition game call State of Origin?

I would rather keep all our boys in OUR team fresh and no injuries to win the NRL competition.
Frizzel and Thompson are more important to our 2015 NRL campaign than a crap exhibition were players get injured and over worked.
This bullshit exhibition game brings out all the ?I watch 3 games a year? supporters out of the wood work.
f**k the SOO!!!!

LOL seriously? It's the pinnacle of the sport, the "jewel in the crown"... Honestly, where do you think the game would be without SOO and all the revenue it brings? Do you think Manchester United fans blow up about the FIFA World Cup? LOL what a stupid statement.....

Twenty10

Juniors
To be honest frizz and Thompson need a full year of being dominant. They have been under performing up to this year. I don't think either should have been picked. If form maintains then next year definitely in the mix.

2010Dragons

Bench
LOL seriously? It's the pinnacle of the sport, the "jewel in the crown"... Honestly, where do you think the game would be without SOO and all the revenue it brings? Do you think Manchester United fans blow up about the FIFA World Cup? LOL what a stupid statement.....

LOL what a stupid statement seriously, get your facts right.
When the FIFA world cup is played, most country competitions are put on hold or they play the Wordl cup in the off season.

If the SOO was played at the end of the NRL season, after the Dragons won the 2015 comp ;-) then I would be more than happy for every past and present Dragons player to play in this exhibition game SOO. Even Mary can be apart of the coaching staff. Hornby can be trainer.

Don't get me wrong, I watch the SOO but it annoys me when we lose OUR star players to injures.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Wales is considered a 'Devloping nation' in the International Rugby League arena.
Concessions have been made by the ARL to allow players to play for those developing nations AND qualify for SOO.

Thanks mate...still seems a bit silly to me

Saint Angelo

Juniors
WTF

Hodkinson - useless
Pearce - Has failed a thousand times at origin level
Hopoate can't catch a ball and offers nothing in attack or defense.
Klemmer - Has been that good to get selected in front of Frizzel ?

Qld are dead set specials !!!!

Latest posts