What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
Terrible game. Philip just to many weapons but if 49rs had one of there first two QBs I dare say they win.
The first TD that wasn't a catch and penalty on kick where huge. The penalty was correct but if games closer I doubt frustration boils over.

49rs defense probably limits Phili to 21 imo. Unsure if Purdy would of got them there. I reckon there first 2 x QBs would of tho.

Overall nobody enjoys a final that was like that. A real fizzer.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Lol Souths...

From Bankstown to Arizona: Former South Sydney junior seals spot at Super Bowl​

Mailata, who is from Bankstown and grew up playing rugby league, has made more than 40 NFL appearances since joining the Eagles in 2018. The offensive tackle signed an updated four-year, $US64 million contract in 2021.

In 2014, Mailata fainted during pre-season training with the Canterbury Bulldogs under-18s due to a heart condition. He fully recovered but in 2017, due to concerns about his stamina in rugby league, Souths offered him only a one-year deal to play for feeder team North Sydney, which he turned down.

1675046987773.png1675047012853.png

84 Baby

Referee
Terrible game. Philip just to many weapons but if 49rs had one of there first two QBs I dare say they win.
The first TD that wasn't a catch and penalty on kick where huge. The penalty was correct but if games closer I doubt frustration boils over.

49rs defense probably limits Phili to 21 imo. Unsure if Purdy would of got them there. I reckon there first 2 x QBs would of tho.

Overall nobody enjoys a final that was like that. A real fizzer.
Philip does have a lot of weapons

T.S Quint

Coach
There’s only so much you can do when you have no quarterback.

I knew this would be a hard game to win but we lost any chance we had when Purdy got injured. I do think Shanahan just gave up when Johnson went out and put Purdy back in. He can’t throw at all. I would have liked to see anyone (CMC, Juice) take some snaps and try to get it upfield, even if it doesn’t come off.

Really sucks that a great season had to end this way for us.
Well done Philadelphia. Too good for us today.

hindy111

Post Whore
There’s only so much you can do when you have no quarterback.

I knew this would be a hard game to win but we lost any chance we had when Purdy got injured. I do think Shanahan just gave up when Johnson went out and put Purdy back in. He can’t throw at all. I would have liked to see anyone (CMC, Juice) take some snaps and try to get it upfield, even if it doesn’t come off.

Really sucks that a great season had to end this way for us.
Well done Philadelphia. Too good for us today.

Bengals also blew it. They threw it away with that push. But with 2 to go they had some strange plays on final drive. I felt they had to play 4 down and run. Giving Mahome the ball back was never going to be good.

Eelectrica

Referee
Just finished watching the games. Congrats to the Chiefs and Eagles.

So glad I avoided the scores, especially the Chiefs Bengals game. Gotta be one of the grittiest wins I've seen. The Chiefs were the walking dead on offence that second half. Bone head penalty from Ossai or whatever. That's pretty close, blew it for the Bengals definitely. Still the Bengals had them on toast that second half and couldn't ice it.

Early SB pick is the Eagles. Chiefs have 2 weeks to get healthy. Going to be a great game though.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
I’m really not sure who to go for in the Super Bowl now.
Obviously I wanted the Niners to win but if not I would have gone for the Bengals.

Out of these two teams I don’t know. I don’t like either team but I don’t really hate them either. The Mahomes circle jerk gets a bit much a lot of the time, but then Phili fans are pretty obnoxious (not all of them, but sooo many of them are).

It might just be a case of listening to the media over the next couple of weeks to see which team starts pissing me off more.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m really not sure who to go for in the Super Bowl now.
Obviously I wanted the Niners to win but if not I would have gone for the Bengals.

Out of these two teams I don’t know. I don’t like either team but I don’t really hate them either. The Mahomes circle jerk gets a bit much a lot of the time, but then Phili fans are pretty obnoxious (not all of them, but sooo many of them are).

It might just be a case of listening to the media over the next couple of weeks to see which team starts pissing me off more.

Id rather lose to the side who won the superbowl. You can then sit back and say we where close.

T.S Quint

Coach
Id rather lose to the side who won the superbowl. You can then sit back and say we where close.

Depends on who that side is.
If it was the Cowboys or Giants you can rest assured there’s no way I’d be cheering for them if they beat us to get to the SB.

Just haven’t made my mind up about Philadelphia yet.

hindy111

Post Whore
Depends on who that side is.
If it was the Cowboys or Giants you can rest assured there’s no way I’d be cheering for them if they beat us to get to the SB.

Just haven’t made my mind up about Philadelphia yet.

I support Philli so want them to win. I also like Kansas. They where rubbish for years.
If Mahomes lost it would be a bitter pill. 1 superbowl out of 3. And never should of won that game anyhows. A miracle.

T.S Quint

Coach
I support Philli so want them to win. I also like Kansas. They where rubbish for years.
If Mahomes lost it would be a bitter pill. 1 superbowl out of 3. And never should of won that game anyhows. A miracle.

I used to like KC. Montana went there after he was at SF and I hoped Alex Smith would do well when he went there as well.

Mahomes is a bit like Thurston to me. Tremendously great player who the media makes me dislike because of how much they talk him up. Not his fault of course, but just the way it is.

Eelectrica

Referee
Picked this up from another forum:
Here's what happens when the 49ers make the NFCCG in the salary cap era:

2011: lost to NY Giants, Giants win Superbowl
2012: won against Atlanta Falcons, Ravens win Superbowl
2013: lost to Seattle Seahawks, Seahawks win Superbowl
2019: won against Green Bay Packers, Chiefs win Superbowl
2021: lost to LA Rams, Rams win Superbowl
2022: lost to Philadelphia Eagles...

Looks like the Eagles are half way there.

I'm a Mahomes fan though. For me he just makes watching the game fun because of so many jaw dropping things he does when fit.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hurts is a bigger running threat then Mahomes.
Mahomes ability to create something out of nothing however is out of this world.

T.S Quint

Coach
Picked this up from another forum:
Here's what happens when the 49ers make the NFCCG in the salary cap era:

2011: lost to NY Giants, Giants win Superbowl
2012: won against Atlanta Falcons, Ravens win Superbowl
2013: lost to Seattle Seahawks, Seahawks win Superbowl
2019: won against Green Bay Packers, Chiefs win Superbowl
2021: lost to LA Rams, Rams win Superbowl
2022: lost to Philadelphia Eagles...

Looks like the Eagles are half way there.

I'm a Mahomes fan though. For me he just makes watching the game fun because of so many jaw dropping things he does when fit.

Oh man, thanks for reminding me about that 2014-2018 period. That was rough.