What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Castleford Tigers/ Sharks :)

BeenThere

Juniors
FRANZE SIGNS FOR TIGERS13 Apr 2006
paul_franze.jpg
The Tigers have today signed Australian centre Paul Franze from Guinness Premiership rugby union club, London Irish. The 24-year-old will link-up with his new team mates at training tomorrow and will be in contention to make his Tigers debut against Wakefield later in the day.
Franze joined the London Irish club last September after playing over 60 games in the NRL (scoring 22 tries) for Cronulla and the Penrith Panthers. A Junior Kangaroo and the Sharks ‘Back’ and ‘Rookie’ of the year in 2002, he played both league and union as a schoolboy and with Italian ancestry is not a quota player. A strong runner and a tough defender, Franze is looking forward to his return to league.
Tigers coach Terry Matterson said: “Paul is a big strong runner who will give us more attacking options and more depth in our outside backs, both of which we have been looking for. He has plenty of skills and is a player who loves to run with the football.”
Paul said: “I’m very excited about joining the Tigers and am looking forward to the rest of the season. I also appreciate the understanding of my coach Brian Smith and the London Irish club in facilitating my release to enable me to return to rugby league.”
Paul has initially signed a deal until the end of the current season

jc155776

Coach
Was a great prosepect that injury ruined. Would be good to see him back here if he regained some form...

SharkWings

Juniors
BeenThere said:
FRANZE SIGNS FOR TIGERS13 Apr 2006
paul_franze.jpg
The Tigers have today signed Australian centre Paul Franze from Guinness Premiership rugby union club, London Irish. The 24-year-old will link-up with his new team mates at training tomorrow and will be in contention to make his Tigers debut against Wakefield later in the day.
Franze joined the London Irish club last September after playing over 60 games in the NRL (scoring 22 tries) for Cronulla and the Penrith Panthers. A Junior Kangaroo and the Sharks ‘Back’ and ‘Rookie’ of the year in 2002, he played both league and union as a schoolboy and with Italian ancestry is not a quota player. A strong runner and a tough defender, Franze is looking forward to his return to league.
Tigers coach Terry Matterson said: “Paul is a big strong runner who will give us more attacking options and more depth in our outside backs, both of which we have been looking for. He has plenty of skills and is a player who loves to run with the football.”
Paul said: “I’m very excited about joining the Tigers and am looking forward to the rest of the season. I also appreciate the understanding of my coach Brian Smith and the London Irish club in facilitating my release to enable me to return to rugby league.”
Paul has initially signed a deal until the end of the current season

Tough defender? Not the last time I saw him.

I hope he does well though - loved him when he first played for us.

Special K

Coach
Shame he did his knee.

He was starting to find his feet again at the end of last season. Though he still had a major problem with passing.

White Poiner

Coach
You can chose him for australia in rugby 2006. :)

I always like him..2003 was gonna be his year. But injures f**ked him up

Inferno

Coach
jesus, goldy, nuts and Franze, Tigers seem to have an affinity for ex sharkies.

Franze had a solid year last year. I remember he was a hero one game after putting a bomb up with about 10 seconds to go with the panthers behind, and somehow managed to find someone who scored.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Inferno said:
jesus, goldy, nuts and Franze, Tigers seem to have an affinity for ex sharkies.

Franze had a solid year last year. I remember he was a hero one game after putting a bomb up with about 10 seconds to go with the panthers behind, and somehow managed to find someone who scored.

No Inf, it's only Goldy, Nuts and Franze. I'm still here.

beekershark

Bench
Franze was a victim of not being one of Andos pets when at the sharks. He was not told anything, not coached, and didn't understand the flat attack style and it was never explained to him.

He's a top bloke and a talent and with zuess and nuts with him at cas, I'll be backing them to win most of their remaining SL games, that's how much I rate Franze and also the current Cas team, their enthusiasm is outstanding.

ali

Bench
White Poiner said:
You can chose him for australia in rugby 2006. :)

I always like him..2003 was gonna be his year. But injures f**ked him up

I think he's already played for Italy hasn't he?

ali

Bench
The Super League is turning on quite a fascinating comp this year. The table is looking very interesting. On paper, you would thought one of Cas, Wakefield or Salford would end up relegated. But on early season form, Wigan or London could just as easily be relegated. Both teams have high quality imports and Wigan has some of England's best young players. Super League's sallary cap and 20-20 (20 players on over 20K) may finally be biting. It's amazing to see Salford with a quite a few young English players that Wigan chopped, coming equal second. And we think our ex players come back to bite us!

St Helens 9 9 0 0 281 86 195 18
Leeds 9 7 0 2 304 123 181 14
Salford 9 7 0 2 218 126 92 14
Bradford 9 6 1 2 228 156 72 13
Huddersfield 9 4 0 5 228 208 20 8
Warrington 9 4 0 5 182 193 -11 8
Hull 9 4 0 5 204 224 -20 8
Wakefield 9 3 0 6 195 222 -27 6
Catalan 9 3 0 6 209 292 -83 6
Castleford 9 3 0 6 208 339 -131 6
Harlequins 9 2 1 6 126 278 -152 5
Wigan 9 1 0 8 158 294 -136 2