What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

the phantom menace

First Grade
Well obviously trains would be cancelled if the staff needed to run trains were taking industrial action over safety conditions etc. Imagine how good that graph would look if former Minister Elliot and friends didn't act like such knobs?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Politics is a tough game and there are some merkins who can just stand there and take a punch every day and not give a f**k. Then there are some who do so behind a fragile facade.

it’s pretty clear that we like our aboriginal people to toe the line and be compliant. However when they lift their jerseys and point to their skin, or remind others of past atrocities - well those opinions or actions are not always welcome.

Stam Grant is not a man who would be my first choice to have a beer with, probably because he dabbles in a little too much finger pointing for my liking whilst offering few solutions. However, you can’t second guess his commitment, and right now, doubt his hurt. Death threats against his family by shit humans have made him step away. Some may say that he brought it on himself, but I feel his pain today anyway.

Do you think he gets a spray tan? It seems like it.

1684924091488.png

hindy111

Post Whore

Trains are great. But we seem to focus on cars and roads to much. f**k the electric cars.
Design a network of light rails and metro trains etc. To many work places that are to far from stations. I'd love to see light rails run from every city and a metro line from Penrith to Central.

A good train system is where it's at. Wild to thinkn places like Randwick untill recently only got a train line. There is nothing realy around Botany.
All these new housing estates Oran park should of had a light rail thru them going to main station.
I notice now doesn't matter where you live. Traffic is terrible. Even Penrith now can take 30 mins to travel 5km at peak times.
Now that's 6 x the emissions of what it would of taken.

I also think the idea of splitting work start times needs to be pushed more. Spread it out a bit amd make a 10-6 a common time
Instead majority start between 7 - 8.30

strider

Post Whore
Trains are great. But we seem to focus on cars and roads to much. f**k the electric cars.
Design a network of light rails and metro trains etc. To many work places that are to far from stations. I'd love to see light rails run from every city and a metro line from Penrith to Central.

A good train system is where it's at. Wild to thinkn places like Randwick untill recently only got a train line. There is nothing realy around Botany.
All these new housing estates Oran park should of had a light rail thru them going to main station.
I notice now doesn't matter where you live. Traffic is terrible. Even Penrith now can take 30 mins to travel 5km at peak times.
Now that's 6 x the emissions of what it would of taken.

I also think the idea of splitting work start times needs to be pushed more. Spread it out a bit amd make a 10-6 a common time
Instead majority start between 7 - 8.30
Agree, a good train system is a must have but its not cheap. They were working towards better coverage over the last decade, but we will see if that continues. People complain about selling off other govt stuff, but it funded investment in metros etc.

I assume you never got peak hour trains much. Its not pleasant. Crammed in like sardines. And the ccovid fear mongering campaign likely turned people off even more. Pre pandemic, peak period on trains was probably 6-10 and 3-8, there are alot of merkins in sydney to move around.

Sydneys biggest problem has always been that most of the office workers had to get to the city. Might have changed a bit now with work from home, but i think its getting back to pretty crowded levels.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree, a good train system is a must have but its not cheap. They were working towards better coverage over the last decade, but we will see if that continues. People complain about selling off other govt stuff, but it funded investment in metros etc.

I assume you never got peak hour trains much. Its not pleasant. Crammed in like sardines. And the ccovid fear mongering campaign likely turned people off even more. Pre pandemic, peak period on trains was probably 6-10 and 3-8, there are alot of merkins in sydney to move around.

Sydneys biggest problem has always been that most of the office workers had to get to the city. Might have changed a bit now with work from home, but i think its getting back to pretty crowded levels.

Rarely catch peak. A few times and yes it's terrible

Eelogical

Referee

I see that the Zig Zag Railway is back in service. Could be a useful backup.

Gronk

Staff member
Excuse my maths, but after retiring at Newtown 1977, dirty merkin PE teacher Chris Dawson aged 33 was (allegedly) sexually assaulting a 16 year old student ?

emjaycee

Coach
Excuse my maths, but after retiring at Newtown 1977, dirty merkin PE teacher Chris Dawson aged 33 was (allegedly) sexually assaulting a 16 year old student ?

1. Dawson was teaching at Cromer High School in 1981 when he commenced a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old pupil, Joanne Curtis.
2. Dawson's wife Lynette went missing in January 1982. Two days after Lynette's disappearance, Dawson invited Joanne Curtis to move into the family house.
3. Dawson married Joanne Curtis in 1984. The couple divorced in 1993.

Source: wikipedia

Gronk

Staff member
Australia's most expensive legal (defamation) case (bankrolled by Kerry Stokes) is over.

Considering it was BRS who launched the action and lost, it makes you wonder why he bothered in the first place.