What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not disputing that Biden halted it, the article was to fact check that the orange man said Biden was gonna tear it down, which he didn't

how can you not see that ?

you're very special aren't you

ImTheMan

Juniors
not disputing that Biden halted it, the article was to fact check that the orange man said Biden was gonna tear it down, which he didn't

how can you not see that ?

you're very special aren't you
Again, i already said that is true. I said that I posted the first link referencing that Biden was the one that halted construction on the wall. I quoted that portion and the rest of the story in the article is irrelevant to my claim. Learn to read Twizdumb. Where am I claiming that Trump didn't say that?

Gronk

Staff member

"What the border wall executive order said
The claim is referring to Biden’s executive order that ended border wall construction projects and will redirect the project funds elsewhere.

In his proclamation, Biden wrote that the government would no longer divert taxpayer dollars to construct a border wall. It is one of several executive actions the president signed since taking office on Jan. 20.

Even in the past, Biden has made it clear he has no intention of tearing down existing border walls. In August, Biden told NPR that he would end construction of the border wall, but he would not tear down the parts of the barrier that were built during the Trump administration.

“There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration,” he said."

Name one not credible link/privileged information, it was literally an executive order.
Excellent, sources are good. Keep it up.

A better source is the actual proclamation.

Like every nation, the United States has a right and a duty to secure its borders and protect its people against threats. But building a massive wall that spans the entire southern border is not a serious policy solution. It is a waste of money that diverts attention from genuine threats to our homeland security. My Administration is committed to ensuring that the United States has a comprehensive and humane immigration system that operates consistently with our Nation’s values. In furtherance of that commitment, I have determined that the declaration of a national emergency at our southern border in Proclamation 9844 of February 15, 2019 (Declaring a National Emergency Concerning the Southern Border of the United States), was unwarranted. It shall be the policy of my Administration that no more American taxpayer dollars be diverted to construct a border wall. I am also directing a careful review of all resources appropriated or redirected to construct a southern border wall.

And yes, they plugged some holes.

Then in October 2023, Biden's administration announced the resumption of border wall construction in southern Texas, reversing his earlier stance. This decision was driven by several factors:

1. Surge in Migrant Crossings: There was a significant increase in illegal border crossings, with over 2.2 million encounters in the first 11 months of fiscal 2023.
  2. Congressional Funding: Funds appropriated in 2019 for wall construction had to be used as mandated by law.
  3. Pressure to Address Border Security: The administration faced increasing political pressure to strengthen border security measures.
Despite resuming construction, both Biden and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas reiterated their belief that a border wall is not a comprehensive solution to border security challenges (Cronkite News).

=================

What is important to understand, is that the republican controlled congress roadblocked the redistribution of the border wall money. Wedge politics 101.

Gronk

Staff member
Albo promised to cut power bills by 275 a year before taking office when asked by multiple journalists on different occasions. Is that straight in bed?

Whataboutism isn't smart.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Whataboutism isn't smart.
That's your forte

So after 3 years of f**king up the border I'm meant to be impressed that after canceling it he seems to be taking interest in it after the damage? Please, get rid of the Gronk (Biden)

Your leftist media "comedians" literally mocked the wall from 2016 onwards and now they are trying to adopt it as your own after canceling it? Weird

Biden's next policy: Let's Make America Walled Again

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

President Joe Biden is canceling further construction of the wall along the U.S. and Mexico border, the Department of Defense announced Friday.

There you go, nice and simple for you Twizzle so you don't get easily distracted. I didn't quote anything else from the original so not sure why you are talking about it.

I don't give a f**k about either of them or their f**king wall and I'm not sure why you bought the wall up at all

all you've done is highlight the fact that your hero is a liar by posting the fact check

mind boggling

Gronk

Staff member
That's your forte
"You are" isn't smart either.
So after 3 years of f**king up the border I'm meant to be impressed that after canceling it he seems to be taking interest in it after the damage? Please, get rid of the Gronk (Biden)
Either you didn't read it or you're ignoring it. Either way I can't help you anymore.
Your leftist media "comedians" literally mocked the wall from 2016 onwards and now they are trying to adopt it as your own after canceling it? Weird
Again, that's an ignorant comment as context is available to you.

ImTheMan

Juniors
"You are" isn't smart either.

Either you didn't read it or you're ignoring it. Either way I can't help you anymore.

Again, that's an ignorant comment as context is available to you.

Whataboutism much

Time to move on to the next link in true Gronk whataboutism fashion as referenced previously as my context:

Lol hilarious!

Twizzle you used ad hominem when I wasn't quoting anything else in the article, a logical fallacy *snorts* also a lot of strawmen misrepresenting my position, all you had to do was read the last few pages.

See you next guys for my next link!
Thanks for the chat

Don't forget to watch John Oliver tonight!

ImTheMan

Juniors

Omg Trump might actually do what they did to him wtf?

Democrats implied Monday that former President Donald Trump could pursue his political opponents, legally, if he returns to the White House, following the Supreme Court’s decision on presidential immunity in Trump v. U.S.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

Gronk

Staff member
Whataboutism much

Time to move on to the next link in true Gronk whataboutism fashion as referenced previously as my context:

Lol hilarious!

Twizzle you used ad hominem when I wasn't quoting anything else in the article, a logical fallacy *snorts* also a lot of strawmen misrepresenting my position, all you had to do was read the last few pages.

See you next guys for my next link!
Thanks for the chat

Don't forget to watch John Oliver tonight!
So you just flick your hair, accuse me of what you just did and move on to some other garbage ?

Schitts Creek Hair Flip GIF by CBC

ImTheMan

Juniors

Great piece!

"And yet, Old Joe’s physical infirmity is not the thing that should horrify us. Everyone ages, everyone withers. No, it is the moral infirmity of the Democratic establishment that is truly chilling. It is those who are so bent on power that they’ll force a frail man on to the world stage to do their bidding who deserve our ire."

"These overnight worriers for Biden’s wellbeing are utterly without shame. For all of them belong to that credentialled class that has either been content to ignore the blazing signs of Biden’s waning health or have actively conspired in playing it down. For years these people gaslit the American populace. Biden’s in tip-top shape, they said, as if millions of Americans haven’t nursed old relatives through the twilight years and seen with their own eyes what age can do. Just three months ago, CNN’s own one-time White House correspondent, John Harwood, damned the talk of Biden’s ‘alleged mental decline’ as ‘utter bullshit’. Now CNN platforms a presidential debate in which that mental decline becomes abundantly, terribly clear"

For years Gronk and co thought this was a big conspiracy but it is all out there for the world to see. Disgusting!

"Here’s the truly sinister thing: many of these people who said Biden was fine knew he wasn’t. They knew the White House insisted he always be flanked by minders, lest he stumble physically or verbally, in what was known by insiders as ‘Operation Bubble Wrap’.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

hindy111

Post Whore

Great piece!

"And yet, Old Joe’s physical infirmity is not the thing that should horrify us. Everyone ages, everyone withers. No, it is the moral infirmity of the Democratic establishment that is truly chilling. It is those who are so bent on power that they’ll force a frail man on to the world stage to do their bidding who deserve our ire."

"These overnight worriers for Biden’s wellbeing are utterly without shame. For all of them belong to that credentialled class that has either been content to ignore the blazing signs of Biden’s waning health or have actively conspired in playing it down. For years these people gaslit the American populace. Biden’s in tip-top shape, they said, as if millions of Americans haven’t nursed old relatives through the twilight years and seen with their own eyes what age can do. Just three months ago, CNN’s own one-time White House correspondent, John Harwood, damned the talk of Biden’s ‘alleged mental decline’ as ‘utter bullshit’. Now CNN platforms a presidential debate in which that mental decline becomes abundantly, terribly clear"

For years Gronk and co thought this was a big conspiracy but it is all out there for the world to see. Disgusting!

"Here’s the truly sinister thing: many of these people who said Biden was fine knew he wasn’t. They knew the White House insisted he always be flanked by minders, lest he stumble physically or verbally, in what was known by insiders as ‘Operation Bubble Wrap’.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

You should stick around. I enjoy your input

Suitman

Post Whore
Seriously, the past two or so pages are some of the most childish shite I've ever seen in this forum.
Why can't you lot just agree to the fact that your political allegiances will never align, no matter how much or for how long you all argue your own case.

Last edited:

Latest posts