What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
Watch this, and everyone will understand why successive greedy corrupt governments, will never make housing affordability possible in Australia.

Mate, I don't need to watch it, when successive governments simply "address" affordability with dumb shit like first homeowners grants, which have been shown to only push up values for the next lot of folk, thus necessitating even bigger grants, it doesn't take a genius to work out that policy is always geared to number goes up.

chiefy1

Bench
Mate, I don't need to watch it, when successive governments simply "address" affordability with dumb shit like first homeowners grants, which have been shown to only push up values for the next lot of folk, thus necessitating even bigger grants, it doesn't take a genius to work out that policy is always geared to number goes up.
I'll just put this up here on the new page, so everyone can see how the corrupt successive au governments have purposely destroyed the hopes on housing affordability for future generations. The media are twice as bad for not pointing out the truth. Why would they when the top have multi billion dollar housing portfolios. Its a scam by scammers.

Gronk

Staff member
Watch this, and everyone will understand why successive greedy corrupt governments, will never make housing affordability possible in Australia. If you think governments cannot reverse housing and rent affordability at a flick of a switch think again. Its in their best interests to squeeze every young Australian out of the housing market. Australian governments are a massive scam and the media are in on it also.

The guy on the left is just an electrical engineer / IT guy. Why is he pretending to be an expert in economics, tax, housing policy ?

Bandwagon

Staff member
The politics of housing is pretty simple, a majority of voters own their own their own home, whilst the may not reward you for the value rising, they sure as shit will punish you for the value dropping.

Gronk

Staff member
Discredit persons as much as you like, doesn't make you right or another person wrong in his summation.
You should ask him why our puppies like eating possum poo and why my lisbon lemon won't grow fruit then.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Gronk

Staff member
Translation:

Greens, Teals (Lib lites) and Muslims will be bad politicians and f**k your country up.

Greens: have radical environmental ideals.
Teals: are centrist conversatives.
Muslims: they the brown people with that other religion.

Gronk

Staff member
Gee, and we have Charmless who’s experience is a doctorate in something like union relationships, is treasurer( and a bad one) . But he’s from the left so must be good 🥴
He has a PHD in Political Science.

Wrote a book about the GFC.

What's your point anyway ? Costello studied arts/law. ScoMo BSc. Frydenberg studied law, as did Hockey.

Are you saying that you need to be an actual economist to be treasurer ? If so then you'll need to go back a long way to find one.

EDIT: Dr John Hewson. Now he was a sensible chap. Still is.

Well, Bing AI reckons

The last Australian Treasurer who was a qualified economist was Dr. Jim Chalmers. He became Treasurer in May 2022. Dr. Chalmers holds a PhD in Political Science and International Relations from the Australian National University and has written extensively on economic issues. Before him, the previous Treasurer with a background in economics was Dr. John Hewson, who served as Treasurer in the early 1990s.

Last edited:

ImTheMan

Juniors
How timely, however remember guys, attacking the source is "playing the man"!!

Frank Chung (and Tucker Carlson) bring Bandwagon: "more data"

Read through along with the hundreds of comments. Sort by respected and you will see some real life reactions outside your bubble.

"Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) figures published last month showed a record 547,300 migrants arrived in calendar year 2023, meaning 218,920 houses would have had to be built to accommodate the influx, based on the typical 2.5 people per household.

“However, just 163,836 new dwelling were constructed during 2023, which is the lowest level in 11 years,” wrote Leith van Onselen, co-founder of MacroBusiness and chief economist at MB Fund and MB Super."

Further reading with sources inside the articles outside of your "right wing media fears" (news.com.au is actually fairly left)

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13595031/tucker-carlson-australia-melbourne-immigration.html

Literally thousands of comments for you to read to get a perspective after. Also, isn't data beautiful? I think he read my posts for his speaking tour. You don't need to love Tucker to enjoy Frank Chung repeating your education in the first article.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

Last edited:

ImTheMan

Juniors
NAB chief executive Andrew Irvine last week called the housing crisis the single biggest issue facing Australia, telling a banking conference in Melbourne that “if nothing else, we need 10 per cent more homes, more dwellings, to house the people we have, never mind the migrants coming to our shores”, The Australian reported.

Recent data from the ABS reveals that Australia’s population is expanding by an eye-watering 13,148 per week, with only 2413 arising from births minus deaths. At this pace of growth 4200 additional dwellings are required each week, but the number completed is about 1000 less than needed.”

Apparently Labor is halving net overseas migration next year (Hint: they won't).

“We don’t have the industry getting to that 240,000 rate of build required within the next 10 years,” HIA chief economist Tim Reardon told The Australian on Monday.

Source: Frank Chung

www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/tucker-carlson-says-immigration-the-one-reason-for-australias-housing-crisis/news-story/48a41e9ac3f2e5c9cc59239eb96f3136

I f**king love data

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers

Latest posts