What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
This is a bit surprising, and goes against the socio-economic stereotypes...

Makes me wonder why the SMH are focused on "alcohol related" matters, when it is not the major cause. In fact non alcohol related DV assaults are 3 times higher in NSW (74% vs 26%).

Is it because they found that the stats on Northern Beaches, Sydney, Woollahra and Mosman councils etc would be better click bait ?
sherlock.gif

Don't get me wrong, grog plays a part of DV, however it would appear that being a merkin plays a bigger part.

Drunk wealthy men are among the biggest dangers to women in Sydney.

Some of Sydney’s most exclusive harbourside enclaves – including North Sydney, Mosman, the Northern Beaches and Woollahra – saw an even higher percentage of DV assaults involving booze, according to data compiled by the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research and obtained by the Herald.

1721198368952.png

ImTheMan

Juniors
I have no interest in what values a company pretends to have, it either operates in an ethical manner or it does not. It's more f**ktards who care about culture wars nonsense such as your good self who attribute such a high value to virtue signalling.
The Voice is a culture war that Albo started and failed. You either didn't support it or did as it is Albo's only legacy. You scared of participating in a year long pointless culture war and proving your hypocrisy?

Woolworths donated 1.56 million dollars to The Voice.

You still don't think they were invested ideologically for $$ and betting on The Voice failing so didn't order Aus Day merch in advace? For someone uninterested in The Voice with strong and bigoted ad hominens that equates everything unrelated with racism you are a unique person to not be interested in The Voice. I actually didn't care about that Culture War, in that it shouldn't have been fiddled around with on the edges as Rome burned. I literally tuned it out but Albolovers would have gobbled it up.

Educate yourself child before you continue to use ableist ad hominens.
*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

Yes, I find it hard to believe justifcation can be found - even on farms or in the bush - for any merkin to own/keep more than two guns.
.Honestly, a working farm, and it depends on which type, typically would require somewhere between 3-6 guns to effectively manage any potential pest problems.
Take a typical rural N.S.W. property that might have sheep, poultry and some crops on there.
You are going to have to deal with mice, rats, pigeons, Indian Mynah birds, rabbits, foxes, feral dogs and feral cats, pigs, goats and probably deer.
To effectively control all these animals you will at minimum require 2 different air rifles, a .22, a .223, a .308 and a few shotguns.
If you are doing any subsonic shooting and you should be if you're smart, then you will need a 2nd .223 and .308 with different barrel specs for that application.
And we haven't even got to the guns you want to own for sentimental or self indulgent reasons.
That might not tick the "justification" boxes in your mind but it def would to any land owner who is trying to minimise their losses and maximise productivity/return.

The Voice is a culture war that Albo started and failed.
Sorry, but Albo didn't start the Voice movement.

He merely followed an election promise to put it to the people in a referendum.

To be honest (and slightly critical of him, from a "left wing" perspective") Albo didn't seem too invested in the Voice campaign at all.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Yep, the extremely divisive campaigning from the LNP and their cronies is all cool and normal.

Anyways, I hardly think the calls from the Murdoch press and the Liberals are gonna concern Albo and Labor all that much. It was already the narrative prior to the result, and it's only to be expected they be emboldened given the success of the no campaign.

The Voice will likely end up being legislated, not this term of course and likely not next. It will never be revisited for inclusion in the constitution.
Oh no... You are the culture warrior you profess to hate. :( plenty of Australia Day posting too, the epitome of culture wars.
*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

.Honestly, a working farm, and it depends on which type, typically would require somewhere between 3-6 guns to effectively manage any potential pest problems.
Take a typical rural N.S.W. property that might have sheep, poultry and some crops on there.
You are going to have to deal with mice, rats, pigeons, Indian Mynah birds, rabbits, foxes, feral dogs and feral cats, pigs, goats and probably deer.
To effectively control all these animals you will at minimum require 2 different air rifles, a .22, a .223, a .308 and a few shotguns.
If you are doing any subsonic shooting and you should be if you're smart, then you will need a 2nd .223 and .308 with different barrel specs for that application.
And we haven't even got to the guns you want to own for sentimental or self indulgent reasons.
That might not tick the "justification" boxes in your mind but it def would to any land owner who is trying to minimise their losses and maximise productivity/return.
Fair points, thanks for the detail.

I guess I was suggesting you can't really shoot more than one gun at a time, and hadn't accounted for the different range of weapons that might be best to eliminate different farm pests.

I was (simplistically) thinking one big, one small... though I wouldn't make allowances for sentimental or self-indulgent ownership on top of the farming weapon range you've identified. If something's sentimental only then it should be "neutered" and kept only via some collectors-type license.

Bandwagon

Staff member
The Voice is a culture war that Albo started and failed.

That's nice mate.

But look, this is the third or fourth time you've tried to drive this distraction, and this'll be the third or fourth time I'll basically ignore your irrelevant attempts at argument.

I kinda thought it obvious that I wasn't going to indulge your stupidity with this subject matter. Nonetheless, now I've made it plain.

Cheers

ImTheMan

Juniors
Seriously, is that the best you could find dickhead?

You really aren't all that bright are you
Only Ad Hominen's in a response, a new low. I guarantee I have studied Economics at a level higher than anything you have completed while in Australia. I can tell just by your understanding of the housing situation, that you would have got kicked out of Home Economics for being unable to comprehend the temperature dial and instead turned in a essay on why it is racist.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

Fair points, thanks for the detail.

I guess I was suggesting you can't really shoot more than one gun at a time, and hadn't accounted for the different range of weapons that might be best to eliminate different farm pests.
I figured that was the case and it's easy to think that way without a practical understanding of what is involved in a farm pest scenario.
I was (simplistically) thinking one big, one small... though I wouldn't make allowances for sentimental or self-indulgent ownership on top of the farming weapon range you've identified. If something's sentimental only then it should be "neutered" and kept only via some collectors-type license.
If you have inherited Grandpa's guns that are of excellent quality (or not) that he taught you how to shoot with and you still enjoy to shoot when Why the f**k not?
If you have the means to buy a nice firearm, either because it is a historically famous, well made and accurate firearm or just something that looks great and shoots fairly well, then why the f**k not?
Some people collect stamps. Some people collect porcelain dolls. People collect all kinds of shit that they have lots of interest in and brings them great joy. Why should a law abiding, registered firearms connoisseur be denied the same right to do so just because someone who has no real world experience or appreciation for those firearms, collectively with their political likeminded mates, decide it should be so?

If you have inherited Grandpa's guns that are of excellent quality (or not) that he taught you how to shoot with and you still enjoy to shoot when Why the f**k not?
If you have the means to buy a nice firearm, either because it is a historically famous, well made and accurate firearm or just something that looks great and shoots fairly well, then why the f**k not?
Sure, but Grandpa's guns shouldn't be above and beyond the maximum number of guns you specified were needed, they should be part of that number if still in use.

And if someone wants to collect fancy firearms, then again imo they should be included in the number needed for farm pest duties - or put on a show in a local museum or gun club etc (rather than kept at home or on the farm).
Why should a law abiding, registered firearms connoisseur be denied the same right to do so just because someone who has no real world experience or appreciation for those firearms, collectively with their political likeminded mates, decide it should be so?
Because this (for just one recent example):
1721205866091.jpeg

Sure, but Grandpa's guns shouldn't be above and beyond the maximum number of guns you specified were needed,

I was only replying to the totally maximum needed firearms (in rural areas) as specified by you who has no clue (obviously) about what goes on in country regions, Aaaand, who tf are you to dictate that grandpas guns are not to be fired or included in some acceptable limit to the law abiding owner? FFS?
they should be part of that number if still in use.

And if someone wants to collect fancy firearms, then again imo they should be included in the number needed for farm pest duties - or put on a show in a local museum or gun club etc (rather than kept at home or on the farm).

Wow! you really are scared of guns aren't yo?
Because this (for just one recent example):
View attachment 91166
I block ads and can't see that very well. It's probably from the Trump thing is it?
If it is, please don't go as far as to insult me to think that I don't know how much joy that would have provided you if it struck it's target.
Insult your own (or lack thereof) intelligence if you must but please don't insult mine.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Remember this ?

Well now there is this.

[I did not post it as viewable, cos he says f**k twice]

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9114903/Kamala-Harris-roasted-plagiarizing-MLK-anecdote-fweedom.html

Why not use this one?

Vice President-elect Kamala Harris is being accused of plagiarizing an anecdote about her family’s involvement in the civil rights movement by lifting it from a 1965 interview given by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I was only replying to the totally maximum needed firearms (in rural areas) as specified by you who has no clue (obviously) about what goes on in country regions, Aaaand, who tf are you to dictate that grandpas guns are not to be fired or included in some acceptable limit to the law abiding owner? FFS?

Wow! you really are scared of guns aren't yo?

I block ads and can't see that very well. It's probably from the Trump thing is it?
If it is, please don't go as far as to insult me to think that I don't know how much joy that would have provided you if it struck it's target.
Insult your own (or lack thereof) intelligence if you must but please don't insult mine.
Ok... that all escalated quickly, from what was a pretty cordial conversation.

Enjoy your night, John 😂