What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Merkin had a bad night. Meets with the black press. Then claims that Kamala isn't or wasn't, some people are saying ...

Unsure why he did this. Would have been better if he spat in it.

Gronk

Staff member
The birther thing with Obama (being born on Kenya) must have worked cos they are playing the same games.

20240801_082019.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
Curious to know why he would do that?
I don't know. Scaramucci was Trump's Press Secretary. I can only assume that he thinks he will run and hide if the polling trends continue. She might be just enjoying a honeymoon period however.

1722481116179.png

1722481251218.png

1722481260229.png

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That would be terrible

at least the crap in my social media feeds will be reduced

I don't follow any of the people on Twitter whose American political posts appear in my feeds, so I assume they are paid for

I read this morning, and saw it from his own mouth, that Kamala only "turned black" 3 years ago as she used to be native American

he's good comedy value

Gronk

Staff member
at least the crap in my social media feeds will be reduced

I don't follow any of the people on Twitter whose American political posts appear in my feeds, so I assume they are paid for

I read this morning, and saw it from his own mouth, that Kamala only "turned black" 3 years ago as she used to be native American

he's good comedy value
Indian from India.

Her mum from India, was an Endocrinologist (deceased).

Her dad was from Jamaica and is a Professor in Economics at Stanford. They met at Uni.

1722481786738.png

strider

Post Whore
Lol .... she is indian ... ie asian indian

If you had to put a name on it, she is Asian-Carribean

And her Jamacian descendants were apparently involved in slave trading ...

He is arrogant, rude, unsensored and a bit stupid to not read the room .... but he is right ...... she is not "black" in the US sense of african-american. .... but they do act like she is to try and score votes.

Gronk

Staff member
Lol .... she is indian ... ie asian indian

If you had to put a name on it, she is Asian-Carribean

And her Jamacian descendants were apparently involved in slave trading ...

He is arrogant, rude, unsensored and a bit stupid to not read the room .... but he is right ...... she is not "black" in the US sense of african-american. .... but they do act like she is to try and score votes.

So is Ainsley Harriott. What's your point really ?

1722490216233.png

(Very powerful watch BTW)

strider

Post Whore
So is Ainsley Harriott. What's your point really ?

View attachment 91865

(Very powerful watch BTW)

Settle petal.

Just pointing out her ancestry is not what americans call "black", ie african-american.

Im sure she doesnt support what her ancestors did.

That said, she DID keep people in jail longer than they should have been while DA, for the purpose of cheap labour (see links on previous pages) .... so maybe one could draw a long bow and liken that to slavery. In a way, she might actually have form?

Gronk

Staff member
Settle petal.

Just pointing out her ancestry is not what americans call "black", ie african-american.

Im sure she doesnt support what her ancestors did.

That said, she DID keep people in jail longer than they should have been while DA, for the purpose of cheap labour (see links on previous pages) .... so maybe one could draw a long bow and liken that to slavery. In a way, she might actually have form?
Where do you think that the blacks from Jamaica came from ?

They are all from African slave trade that started in the 1600s.

It is quite likely that many African Americans have mixed ancestry. This is due to a variety of historical factors, including:

1. The Transatlantic Slave Trade: During the period of slavery in the United States, there was significant mixing between African slaves, European colonists, and Native Americans. This often occurred through forced relationships, but also through consensual relationships over time.
  2. Legal and Social Changes: After the abolition of slavery, there continued to be intermarriage and relationships between people of different racial backgrounds. The Civil Rights Movement and subsequent changes in laws and social attitudes further facilitated this mixing.
  3. Genetic Studies: Genetic research has shown that a significant percentage of African Americans have some European ancestry. Studies have found that the average African American genome is approximately 73-80% African, 20-24% European, and 0.8% Native American.
The concept of race is socially constructed and not strictly biological, so the categorization can vary depending on historical, cultural, and individual factors.

=========

This is just silly. As silly as everyone starting shit about Trump's dad being arrested at a KKK meet. It doesn't define a person.

=========

Saying that Harris is not black is as equally as merkinish as here during the Voice referendum, with f**kers claiming that many indigenous people are not black enough, even though some were victims of the stolen generation.