What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

Gronk

Staff member
Our 44 member swimming squad is finalized. We have a few notable omissions and some redemption stories.

Only 14 have qualified for Athletics

Who else has qualified so far ?

Women’s Beach Volleyball
Men’s Rugby Sevens
Women’s Rugby Sevens
Men’s Hockey
Women’s Hockey
Men’s Basketball
Women’s Basketball
Jayden Lawrence Men’s Wrestling
Georgii Okorokov Men’s Wrestling
Kyle Bruce Men’s Weightlifting
Jacqueline Nichele Women’s Weightlifting
Eileen Cikamatana Women’s Weightlifting
Women’s Waterpolo
Men’s Waterpolo
Leon Sejranovic Men’s Taekwondo
Bailey Lewis Men’s Taekwondo
Stacey Hymer Women’s Taekwondo
Tyler Wright Women’s Surfing
Molly Picklum Women’s Surfing
Jack Robinson Men’s Surfing
Ethan Ewing Men’s Surfing
Oceania Mackenzie Women’s Sport Climbing
Campbell Harrison Men’s Sport Climbing
Women’s Football
Maddi Keeney Women’s Diving
Anabelle Smith Women’s Diving
Yale Steinepreis Women’s Kayaking
Pierre van der Westhuyzen Men’s Canoe
Thomas Green Men’s Canoe
Riley Fitzsimmons Men’s Canoe
Noah Havard Men’s Canoe
Jean van der Westhuyzen Men’s Canoe
Jackson Collins Men’s Canoe
Ella Beere Men’s Canoe
Alyce Wood Women’s Canoe
Aly Bull Women’s Canoe
Ally Clarke Women’s Canoe
Jessica Fox Women’s Kayak
Jeff Dunne Men’s Break Dancing
Rachael Gunn Women’s Break Dancing
Marissa Williamson Pohlman Women’s Boxing
Tina Rahimi Women’s Boxing
Caitlin Parker Women’s Boxing
Harry Garside Men’s Boxing
Monique Suraci Women’s Boxing
Tiana Echegaray Women’s Boxing
Tyla McDonald Women’s Boxing
Teremoana Men’s Boxing
Shannan Davey Men’s Boxing
Callum Peters Men’s Boxing
Charlie Senior Men’s Boxing
Yusuf Chothia Men’s Boxing
Sailing Men’s Skiff
Sailing Women’s Skiff
Sailing Men’s Kite
Sailing Women’s Kite
Tiffany Ho Women’s Badminton
Angela Yu/Setyana Mapasa Women’s Badminton Doubles
Men’s Athletics
Women’s Athletics
Women’s Artistic Swimming

Gronk

Staff member

Where can I watch the 2024 Olympics in Australia?

The 2024 Olympic Games will be broadcast in Australia on more than 40 free-to-air channels under the Nine Network. You can also watch on-demand highlights for free after they’ve happened at your own convenience on its 9Now streaming platform. It can be accessed on your web browser or through your Smart TV, mobile or tablet after downloading the app.

Stan Sport will also broadcast all 329 Olympic events ad-free, live and on-demand in 4K Ultra HD, a first for Olympics overage in Australia. This includes full replays, highlights, daily talk shows hosted by ex-Olympians, and eight international / multi-language live channels.

LINK

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'm really (strangely) looking forward to these games for some reason. Even though it's only been three years since Tokyo.

More than 40 free-to-air channels under the Nine Network? That sounds crazy...

Gronk

Staff member
I'm really (strangely) looking forward to these games for some reason. Even though it's only been three years since Tokyo.

More than 40 free-to-air channels under the Nine Network? That sounds crazy...
Obviously they are on 9Now and not on the digital FTA platform?

BTW not too long ago, SkyNews and News Ltd were outraged that you had to register to login to ABC Iview to watch stuff sighting privacy etc. I see you.

Gronk

Staff member
It's still amazing though... almost like having continuous live broadcast from all of the olympic venues to select from - all for free.
I hope so. IIRC when seven had the Olympics, it was very Australia centric. I personally like to watch the BBC feed of football or wrestling or boxing etc to just see the great achievements of other countries. Not just replays of Aussies at the games on repeat.

Chipmunk

Coach
I would assume that the 40 free-to-air channels is the number of different stations that will broadcast it. For example, I believe all 5 major cities is a separate Channel Nine, then you factor in the WIN and NBN for regional, who broadcast Nine in regional Australia. Plus the combined channel in the NT (Arpaja or something).

Chipmunk

Coach
I hope so. IIRC when seven had the Olympics, it was very Australia centric. I personally like to watch the BBC feed of football or wrestling or boxing etc to just see the great achievements of other countries. Not just replays of Aussies at the games on repeat.
I lived in the UK during the 2004 Athens Olympics, because the UK didn't have many good swimmers at the time, the promo for the next event was "And next up 'so and so' swims for Gold for Australia". I remember they were very excited about boxer Amir Khan though. I think he ended up wining Silver.

Chipmunk

Coach

Where can I watch the 2024 Olympics in Australia?

The 2024 Olympic Games will be broadcast in Australia on more than 40 free-to-air channels under the Nine Network. You can also watch on-demand highlights for free after they’ve happened at your own convenience on its 9Now streaming platform. It can be accessed on your web browser or through your Smart TV, mobile or tablet after downloading the app.

Stan Sport will also broadcast all 329 Olympic events ad-free, live and on-demand in 4K Ultra HD, a first for Olympics overage in Australia. This includes full replays, highlights, daily talk shows hosted by ex-Olympians, and eight international / multi-language live channels.

LINK
I wonder what Stan Sport is going to charge for the month

strider

Post Whore
I would assume that the 40 free-to-air channels is the number of different stations that will broadcast it. For example, I believe all 5 major cities is a separate Channel Nine, then you factor in the WIN and NBN for regional, who broadcast Nine in regional Australia. Plus the combined channel in the NT (Arpaja or something).
No, there will be 40 different feeds of events.

Chipmunk

Coach
No, there will be 40 different feeds of events.
Ok, I've looked it up, this will be 40 channels on 9Now, rather than free to air TV.

Apparently there is actually only 2 Free-To-Air TV channels.

strider

Post Whore
Ok, I've looked it up, this will be 40 channels on 9Now, rather than free to air TV.

Apparently there is actually only 2 Free-To-Air TV channels.

yeah .... you have to jump through a million hoops to get tv broadcasting channels - they don't just hand em out - think there is some limit on what is available also

84 Baby

Referee
It's still amazing though... almost like having continuous live broadcast from all of the olympic venues to select from - all for free.
I don’t think it’ll quite hit the Tokyo Olympics because of circumstances. The ridiculous level of coverage while “working” from home in lockdowns was pretty epic. Still gonna be some tired days at work