What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

Gronk

Staff member
From ABC tv this AM: So some asisstant swim coach is being sanctioned because he appeared on Korean TV and said that he hoped that their gun swimmer goes really well and then pumped in a "go korea".

The swim boss said that it was un-Australian and said dude is expected to be sacked after the games.

Is there more to this ? Seems OTT reaction.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Germany gave our girl a flogging in the footy, not even Sam Kerr would have stopped it, they were just so dominant
Considering the hype and expectations around the Matildas a 1st round exit would be disappointing.

Not that i was thinking we were going to get gold anyway.

But still be a bit flat for them not to make the quarter's

Delboy

First Grade
Considering the hype and expectations around the Matildas a 1st round exit would be disappointing.

To be honest , they’re not that good, and they managed to get a cult like following when they never made the finals when playing at home in a Women’s World Cup. Hope they can get better results in the next couple of game to qualify for knock out stage.

Nealo 12

First Grade

They went all woke , nek minute

Germany gave our girl a flogging in the footy, not even Sam Kerr would have stopped it, they were just so dominant
They also have the USA in their pool. Maybe they are goooone already.
Germany had it all over us, tactically and on field. Credit where it's due.

I think the Matildas need to rack up a shitload of goals against Zambia, then try and manage a draw against USA and cross their fingers... to maybe scrape through to the next phase, as one of the best placed third in pool spots.

That rugby sevens is pretty entertaining - I'd forgotten all about it, not following or paying attention to rugby outside of maybe the world cup.

Massive result for Australia to be in the semis, and while undoubtedly talented with a never say die attitude, the Fijian team have shown some flaws in their games to date. Fingers crossed for Saturday midnight.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Chipmunk

Coach
From ABC tv this AM: So some asisstant swim coach is being sanctioned because he appeared on Korean TV and said that he hoped that their gun swimmer goes really well and then pumped in a "go korea".

The swim boss said that it was un-Australian and said dude is expected to be sacked after the games.

Is there more to this ? Seems OTT reaction.
The equivalent of Parra Head of Football saying "Go Tigers"?

If this equivalent occurred, I'd wouldn't expect him to even return to his office.

Gronk

Staff member
The equivalent of Parra Head of Football saying "Go Tigers"?

If this equivalent occurred, I'd wouldn't expect him to even return to his office.
I hear ya. I think it was something said to Korean TV that he thought was innocent enough, but backfired obviously.

I thought it appeared to be designed primarily for Korean consumption rather than authentic sentiment. Like when celebrities come to Australia and when interviewed say how <insert city> is the most beautiful and the people so cool. We all know they don't mean it, but they say it to be nice.

Hey, maybe there is more to it as he is angling for a $gig$ there ?

Latest posts