What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

Gronk

Staff member
Well Paris held their Opening Ceremony on the river, rather in a 120,000 stadium. Apart from the rain, nobody complained and apparently 600,000 got to see it.

Maybe that’s the way to do it from now on, instead of building a 120,000 stadium that will never get used at full capacity.

Makes me think what Sydney 2000 would have been like. NYE any year x 100.

Gronk

Staff member
Winners play for Gold.

Losers play for Bronze.

All decided tonight, with GM match at 3:40am.

IMG_1875.jpeg

Gronk

Staff member
Go Fiji. It’s probably their only gold per olympics
Swim coach is getting sacked for shit like that.

Football Sport GIF by FC Dynamo Moscow

JokerEel

Coach
Well Paris held their Opening Ceremony on the river, rather in a 120,000 stadium. Apart from the rain, nobody complained and apparently 600,000 got to see it.

Maybe that’s the way to do it from now on, instead of building a 120,000 stadium that will never get used at full capacity.

Makes me think what Sydney 2000 would have been like. NYE any year x 100.

It was shit...

The athletes walking into the stadium should be one thing you can never change

Also raising the Olympic flag upside down 🤦🏼

84 Baby

Referee
I’ll say it, I’m not impressed with Nein’s coverage already. Who the f**k is commentating the volleyball and handball? It certainly doesn’t sound like Todd Woodbridge and Alanna Ferguson.

But seriously finding shit isn’t simple

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I’ll say it, I’m not impressed with Nein’s coverage already. Who the f**k is commentating the volleyball and handball? It certainly doesn’t sound like Todd Woodbridge and Alanna Ferguson.

But seriously finding shit isn’t simple

I'm not that surprised, theyve been rubbish with sports coverage. They get Today Show hosts to commentate the Opening Ceremony who sounds so boring and wouldnt have a clue whats happening.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It was shit...

The athletes walking into the stadium should be one thing you can never change

Also raising the Olympic flag upside down 🤦🏼

It wasnt too bad with the culture and scenery but I take your point. Some of it was a bit boring and bland with the boats on the river. This ceremony had nothing on Sydney in 2000 and I still get goosebumps when Freeman lit the flame.

I feel for some of the people carrying the torch around the Louve with no one around and in the pouring rain.

T-Boon

Coach
I don’t tend to watch ceremonies. They are not my thing at all.
I loath weddings. Last one I was at I made obscene noises during the service and got asked to leave, which I did, but not before stealing a good bit of the alcohol on the way out.

Noise

Coach
I don’t tend to watch ceremonies. They are not my thing at all.
I loath weddings. Last one I was at I made obscene noises during the service and got asked to leave, which I did, but not before stealing a good bit of the alcohol on the way out.
Did ur bride leave too?