What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

JokerEel

Coach
So why are you asking @Twizzle a question you already know the answer to?

Well my actual question was why can't we ignore mods. Your comment was completely different.

So just so I can be of help I'll use that ignore button for you and add you to the list.

Btw you used to be ok 10-15 years ago on here..

Suitman

Post Whore
Well my actual question was why can't we ignore mods. Your comment was completely different.

So just so I can be of help I'll use that ignore button for you and add you to the list.

Btw you used to be ok 10-15 years ago on here..

And you're still ok now.
I don't get the angst.

hindy111

Post Whore
Alarm bells should be ringing massively if Zambia are potting 5 goals in against us.

I can cop a defeat against the Germans. But should Zambia be scoring 5 goals against our defence.

I think we fizzle out meekly unless there is a massive turnaround against the USA.

Men's is basically an under 23s competition yet the women's in all ages. Do they think the women aren't as good under the age of 23 so let it be all ages? This is an embarrassment to equality and almost mocking how far women's football has come. Suprised they aren't BOYCOTTING FOR EQUALITY

Suitman

Post Whore
Alarm bells should be ringing massively if Zambia are potting 5 goals in against us.

I can cop a defeat against the Germans. But should Zambia be scoring 5 goals against our defence.

I think we fizzle out meekly unless there is a massive turnaround against the USA.

The USA has had no problems scoring goals.
We have had trouble defending goals.
We are toast.

hindy111

Post Whore
The USA has had no problems scoring goals.
We have had trouble defending goals.
We are toast.

Football is a funny game. We can win. Just need some luck. Unlike league where the better sides nearly always win in football often the worse side gets a stroke of luck.
I still think it's bullshit it's all ages. They have the women's world cup and that is the big stage for them. Make it under 23s like the men's.

Suitman

Post Whore
Men's is basically an under 23s competition yet the women's in all ages. Do they think the women aren't as good under the age of 23 so let it be all ages? This is an embarrassment to equality and almost mocking how far women's football has come. Surprised they aren't BOYCOTTING FOR EQUALITY
I'd suggest that the men's game is far more demanding.
Some teams can have 50 plus games a year, in high demand competitions like the EPL, FA Cup, League Cup and then Euro competitions.
It's hectic mate.
The Woman's Football don't have that level of demand.
To add Olympics to that for the Men's during their off season is just too much.

T-Boon

Coach
Football is a funny game. We can win. Just need some luck. Unlike league where the better sides nearly always win in football often the worse side gets a stroke of luck.
I still think it's bullshit it's all ages. They have the women's world cup and that is the big stage for them. Make it under 23s like the men's.
Dang the standard would be unpresentable. It’s bad enough when it’s all age.

strider

Post Whore
Of course the opening ceremony was intended to be degrading.

Papa smurf never did anything to warrant having his ball sack paraded worldwide on tv. Disgusting.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dang the standard would be unpresentable. It’s bad enough when it’s all age.

It's pretty decent quality. As good as mens? I reckon its like comparing men's and women's tennis. Both good in own ways. Very watchable I feel.
Olympics is more about a competition for sports that don't have a recognised event on the world stage. The Olympics is the pinnacle.
I highly doubt winning gold in Footbal would be chosen over winning the world cup. Just like winning Wimbledon would be chosen over a gold in tennis.