What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

Gronk

Staff member
Should Sam Kerr, the Matildas captain, be the face of Australian Soccer on TV commercials when she is set to face trial in 2025 for being naughty?
I would've thought it be similar to NRL's no fault stand down policy until a verfict is reached.
She was charged with “racially aggravated harassment, alarm or distress to a police officer”. I am not condoning her drunk, entitled and potentially racist potty mouth, but I suspect that she is being treated differently to normies. You would have to ask yourself why the bobbies are pushing ahead with these charges and spending so much cash on seeking a conviction. Woukd they be doing the same if it was you or me ?

Kerr allegedly vomited in a taxi, had an argument with the driver about a taxi fare, before allegedly calling a police officer a “stupid white bastard”.

Nutz

Bench
She was charged with “racially aggravated harassment, alarm or distress to a police officer”. I am not condoning her drunk, entitled and potentially racist potty mouth, but I suspect that she is being treated differently to normies. You would have to ask yourself why the bobbies are pushing ahead with these charges and spending so much cash on seeking a conviction. Woukd they be doing the same if it was you or me ?

Kerr allegedly vomited in a taxi, had an argument with the driver about a taxi fare, before allegedly calling a police officer a “stupid white bastard”.
If it was up yo me I'd make you wait in jail 😂😂😂 just joking gronk.
It's just that the latest tv commercials are endorced by the Football Australia and is show casing her to the Australian youth. I find that weird.
If indeed she is found guilty the media will have a field day here and abroad and how would that sit with this showcasing now?

Gronk

Staff member
If it was up yo me I'd make you wait in jail 😂😂😂 just joking gronk.
It's just that the latest tv commercials are endorced by the Football Australia and is show casing her to the Australian youth. I find that weird.
If indeed she is found guilty the media will have a field day here and abroad and how would that sit with this showcasing now?
Yeah her actions are not exactly little girl role model stuff.

Gronk

Staff member
Loved the 9Now app - got to watch the entire tennis match without even knowing what 9 decided to broadcast live. Golf... strange choice.
The nine app is very good. You get to watch ad free feeds of the whole event EXCEPT when the FTA channel decides to switch to that sport you are watching. Then you are subject to dribble and ads.

Last night I was watching the athletics and in particular the W400 hurdles heats. Then ch9 FTA took the athletics, canned the live app feed and pretended that it was live. It wasn't, they replayed all the heats again.

Gronk

Staff member
Undisputed GOAT ... done it all

Weird that 9 decided to show the golf on the tv broadcast all night instead of the 1 & 2 ranked mens tennis players in the world playing for gold
Golf and tennis is a bit of a bore at the Olympics. Not disrespecting the players, it's just that they are the same professionals, just competing in a different forum.

Gronk

Staff member
The nine app is very good. You get to watch ad free feeds of the whole event EXCEPT when the FTA channel decides to switch to that sport you are watching. Then you are subject to dribble and ads.

Last night I was watching the athletics and in particular the W400 hurdles heats. Then ch9 FTA took the athletics, canned the live app feed and pretended that it was live. It wasn't, they replayed all the heats again.
Another beef. I saw online that the Aussie girl boxing in 75kg beat the reining gold medallist. So I went looking for it on the app and came up with zip. I thought there was 50 channels with unlimited content?

Nutz

Bench
Another beef. I saw online that the Aussie girl boxing in 75kg beat the reining gold medallist. So I went looking for it on the app and came up with zip. I thought there was 50 channels with unlimited content?
Stan?

strider

Post Whore
It would have been there but it can be a bit hard to find sometimes.
There is a Sports panel you can click to get to a list of all sports but it is not put in a prominant place.

If on a mobile device, this can be useful to find live streams by sport. Has a red dot next to live sports at the time https://www.smh.com.au/sport/paris-olympics/full-schedule

Nutz

Bench
Well if they are holding back content behind a paywall, then that's pretty much unprecedented I would think.
I've got Stan because it's not all about sport and it has everything on Olympics, you choose what you want yo watch.

Gronk

Staff member
It would have been there but it can be a bit hard to find sometimes.
There is a Sports panel you can click to get to a list of all sports but it is not put in a prominant place.

If on a mobile device, this can be useful to find live streams by sport. Has a red dot next to live sports at the time https://www.smh.com.au/sport/paris-olympics/full-schedule
I saw that there is a Paris 24 tab, then lists sports A-Z. The Boxing app there had a "live" option and then a "Day (X being yesterday) highlights". So I was able to watch the mens boxing live, but could not rewind earlier in the day to see the womens bouts. I guess I was looking for what they have on Kayo, where it has a "live" or "start again" option.

Latest posts