What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: iPad 2 or 3?

KiamaSaint

Coach
Hi all,
My siblings and I are Looking to buy my Father an iPad for Father's Day. Any advice on iPad 2 or 3? I am thinking 3 at this stage because of the better camera but I am keen to hear your thoughts about whether it's worth the extra $$$.

Can anyone guide me on where I can pick it up cheapest?

Thanks.

Mr Red

First Grade
hopefully this will help:
google-coupon-Bramus.jpg

Cagey Mac

Bench
Hi all,
My siblings and I are Looking to buy my Father an iPad for Father's Day. Any advice on iPad 2 or 3? I am thinking 3 at this stage because of the better camera but I am keen to hear your thoughts about whether it's worth the extra $$$.

Can anyone guide me on where I can pick it up cheapest?

Thanks.
This post indicates that you may be inclined to trust the opinion of members of this forum...please consider the product disclaimer carefully.
I'd go 3 but will buy my daughter who's 10 in October a 2 as it's a bit cheaper and plenty good enough.
I use a macbook air 11 when travelling as it does most of what I need and is a little easier for some functions than the iPads
Good luck
Cagey

3 not only has a better camera, but has a better screen (retina display) and a faster processor. Plus, it's newer.

But, as cagey mentions, the 2 is cheaper and for a basic user, it'd probably be fine.

Cagey Mac

Bench
3 not only has a better camera, but has a better screen (retina display) and a faster processor. Plus, it's newer.

But, as cagey mentions, the 2 is cheaper and for a basic user, it'd probably be fine.
I wonder how Samsung are feeling about letting Apple use their Retina display?

KiamaSaint

Coach
Thanks Cagey and Daniel. I am leaning towards the 3 because I think my Dad is likely to take pictures on it and display them on the iPad. But that is the problem, my Dad is 70 this year so he is certainly falls into the category where he may not make the most use of new technology.

And yes you are right Cagey, I am keen to hear from those on this forum as opposed to the tech heads on YouTube (which I have checked out by the way).