What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT-I've Had Enough Of Watching My Casper Sufffer

I met and fell in love with Casper during 1996. When we got married I knew that I was also marrying the Parramatta Eels. Until now, there's not been a day go by that he's not been reminiscing those golden years 1981, 1982, 1983, 1986 with me.

He's taken me to many Eels games and when my 4 daughters came along they've all become Eels fans too.

But I'm now deeply concerned about my Casper. He still spends so much of his life digging deep into a long gone past to find joy in each of every new day that comes along for him because, sadly the reality is that he's not had much Parra joy to share with me and the children since.

He took me along to the 1998 final where Paul Carriage destroyed the rest of Casper's year.

He took me to the 1999 final where Glen Lazarus and the Storm raped. pillaged and plundered what remained of Casper's year.

He took me to the tv to watch Andrew Johns and Ben Kennedy destroy Casper's beloved Eels in the 2001 Grand Final. Casper was a broken man after that. But I've worked hard to remind him that I deeply love him as do his beautiful daughters. I sometimes wonder what would have become of Casper if I did not fall in love with this wonderful man.

He took me to the 2005 final to watch the Cowgirls destroy what remained of Casper's year.

He took me to the 2009 Grand Final to again watch the Storm destroy what remained of Casper's year.

Sadly, I can list another few hundred heartbreaking games here but this post is not about me, it's really all about my Casper.

My heart breaks for him. He so deeply wants me and the daughters to experience a Grand Final victory. I really don't know how to break it to him, that this memorable victory he dreams for may never come during my lifetime.

I'm just hoping there is someone inside this once great club who might read this and do something about helping my family enjoy a GF victory celebration together before we get too old and senile. Is that too much to ask.?

Tony Bongo

Bench
I'm just hoping there is someone inside this once great club who might read this and do something about helping my family enjoy a GF victory celebration together before we get too old and senile. Is that too much to ask.?

Reading all of that I think it might be too late.

phantom eel

First Grade
Well, Fitzy did try and merge us with the Tiges or Penrith...