What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- James O'Connor

Apparently the ARU are only going to offer O'Connor 200-250k for next season, would he be worth taking the risk on.

I would want Ferguson as 1st option, but if we were chasing both Locke & Ferguson, O'Connor would be ideal now all gone cold with Locke.

chewsta

First Grade
I heard on the radio that 3 NRL clubs are chasing him, I didnt catch who the 3 clubs were though. Any ideas?

webShark

I heard on the radio that 3 NRL clubs are chasing him, I didnt catch who the 3 clubs were though. Any ideas?

Well I doubt it will be any of the better run clubs. We offload Peach then surely couldn't be tempted by an unproven fargwit. Then again.

Mr Negative strikes again..

O'Connor is a league junior with amazing amounts of unfulfilled ability. In the right environment he would excel.

He would be worth an investment.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I know it's probably been said in another thread (can't be fugged searching), but does anyone know what position/s he's played in league ?

Weaponhead

Coach
O'Connor's best attributes are evasion, hitting a hole and a bit of speed off the mark. Has decent hands but is not a natural ballplayer. Seems courageous enough without being a strong defender. Could probably play centre with some intensive coaching

cb4

First Grade
I rate O'Connor.

There was talk that we were sniffing around early in the year, so I hope we revisit this.

webShark

Mr Negative strikes again..

O'Connor is a league junior with amazing amounts of unfulfilled ability. In the right environment he would excel.

League junior. A bit like Stapo and Matt Wright. Let's be positive and sign up the Yawnion reject. Not wanted by the Rebels. Must be good. I'm sure being close to 2230 and our current situation would be a great environment for him. Hopefully, we can get Quade Cooper too. He must have a League background.

Let's sign all the fargwits on the market. We can always hit the fans with huge seat price hikes.

Card Shark

Immortal
I rate O'Connor.

There was talk that we were sniffing around early in the year, so I hope we revisit this.

Don't know a lot about him except his misdemeanours .

Obviously has talent though & might be a good buy if managed well ( by Todd ;-). ).

Since 73

First Grade
He will be determined to win his spot back in the wallabies.
I reckon hes got the message the stupidoty needs to stop.
He had Deans farked...but he now knows under Mackenzie he will be banished and docked dollars.
He dosent want to leave on those terms ld imagine.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
Agree with above... Has a lot to prove in Union.

However awesome player and would fit nicely in the centres....

How old is he 22???

Name another better 22 yr old in Union or league.

Just too much many for too younger men...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
i think if we get oconnor & fergo & odonnel Webby might be off to the dragons to watch us win the premiership from afar whilst we celebrate from our high priced seats

Special K

Coach
Agree with above... Has a lot to prove in Union.

However awesome player and would fit nicely in the centres....

How old is he 22???

Name another better 22 yr old in Union or league.

Just too much many for too younger men...

Tyrone Peachey

webShark

i think if we get oconnor & fergo & odonnel Webby might be off to the dragons to watch us win the premiership from afar whilst we celebrate from our high priced seats

Good one Reefy. Not opposed to O'Donnell. Dragons no. Foxtel possibly.:) Finding a fargwit free team might be hard.

shaggs

Coach
Good point. Implementing the 'no dickheads' Swans policy is a pipe dream. Probably have to stop short and take an anti dickhead stance. Not many at the Storm or Souths and they go ok.

I didn't see too much misbehaviour from our mob this year.

Collect all the firebrands, and duckheads. Rehab the lot and win. All the best players were a little nuts off the field. Joey, Freddie, Lockyer, JT. How would they go at the swans??

fizman

Bench
I know young James, although I haven't spoken with him for a little while. If he does go to League, I think it will be with either the Broncos or Titans (more likely).

I will see what I can find out.

Latest posts