What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: My New Power Pop Band "Penny Deluxe"

Poss

Juniors
For the musos of the forum...

I've just started a new originals power pop band called Penny Deluxe - influenced by the likes of The Cars, Weezer, Sloan, Butch Walker, Badfinger, Mental As Anything etc.

We've just released our first single called Flying Blind which is now streaming on all music services, and we have an album worth of material ready to record. I play keys and sing (we swap lead vox and backing vox - I do the background harmonies on Flying Blind).

Here's a link to the song on spotify if you're inclined to have a listen. Open to any and all feedback good, bad or indifferent :)

Also if Shinazz wants to plug this as the 10% rock n roll portion of an upcoming podcast, I won't mind. haha

Frenzy.

Immortal
Nice one Poss. Give Shinnaz a note on the email and see what he says.

If you happened to have a copy of the old Shark Attack ack ack ack song he'd kiss you and promote the works.

Eion

First Grade
I like it mate, great vibe to it. Keep cracking on!

Had some old school mates release an EP recently. Exile E P by Rod Batchelor. ‘Living in Exile’ single for all the old rockers out there. Give it a listen as well dudes.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I like it mate, great vibe to it. Keep cracking on!

Had some old school mates release an EP recently. Exile E P by Rod Batchelor. ‘Living in Exile’ single for all the old rockers out there. Give it a listen as well dudes.
Just put this on my phone :)

Big Bloke

Juniors
Sam will definitely help you out mate, he's a big music man. He has given our Ukulele band Fine Lookin' Fellas a plug or two on Sharkcast. We don't have anything released on Spotify etc, but we are doing a live gig tomorrow morning from 9am to 12pm at the Shire Food Markets in the Council Chambers car park in Sutherland.

Our gig list is songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s and we have a percussion box for any kids that come along and want to join in!

Poss

Juniors
Thanks mate - appreciate that.

Agree the cars are great but wouldn’t say completely underrated. Had a number of hits. In fact, I play a few of them in my cover band…

Lets Go
Just What I Needed
My Best Friends Girl
Shake It Up.

then there’s Drive, You Might Think, Good Times Roll…

shadowboxer

First Grade
Thanks mate - appreciate that.

Agree the cars are great but wouldn’t say completely underrated. Had a number of hits. In fact, I play a few of them in my cover band…

Lets Go
Just What I Needed
My Best Friends Girl
Shake It Up.

then there’s Drive, You Might Think, Good Times Roll…
Gone but not forgotten is probally a better terminology…

Nutz

Bench
For the musos of the forum...

I've just started a new originals power pop band called Penny Deluxe - influenced by the likes of The Cars, Weezer, Sloan, Butch Walker, Badfinger, Mental As Anything etc.

We've just released our first single called Flying Blind which is now streaming on all music services, and we have an album worth of material ready to record. I play keys and sing (we swap lead vox and backing vox - I do the background harmonies on Flying Blind).

Here's a link to the song on spotify if you're inclined to have a listen. Open to any and all feedback good, bad or indifferent :)

Also if Shinazz wants to plug this as the 10% rock n roll portion of an upcoming podcast, I won't mind. haha
Good one Poss.
Sounds a bit country with lead. Fairly unique.
I'll play it on the system after the neighbourhood awakes ;)

DJDL

Bench
Solid lead single, Poss.
Good arrangement and production.
I particularly like the drum sound, and the keys line you play when the second verse kicks in.

Probably the only criticisms I have are the bridge in the second verse seems to drop in intensity a touch, as does the ending after the vocal cuts out.
Both occasions I felt the song was building really well, only to lose some of the instrumentation and depth of sound. I was looking to hear "more".

But these are minor concerns, and just my ears.
Overall, you guys should pretty rapt with that.

Looking forward to hearing more.

DJDL

Bench
Oh and as for The Cars, great band.
Tonight She Comes is one of my favourite guitar solos.
I've wanted to learn that pretty much my whole life.
This guy does a pretty good job of it.

Poss

Juniors
Thanks everyone for the listens. Much appreciated. We’re finding our way but happy with where we’re sitting on the ladder. It’s a long season but plenty to build on if we keep to our systems.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Thanks everyone for the listens. Much appreciated. We’re finding our way but happy with where we’re sitting on the ladder. It’s a long season but plenty to build on if we keep to our systems.
Got the rugby leg cliches down pat too LOL