What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: One of the greats retires.

spider

Coach
ratsack2 said:
Murali- has a physical disability and it is impossible for him to straighten his arm.
so its ok for him because of this disability?

You realise at the point the ball leaves his hand that his arm is straight???

so he rises above it to be very good at a professional sport. so we aussies put the boot in.
and evidently not just into him.

Warne- a lout of the highest order. again we aussies worship him.
for his sporting accomplishments - i dont see anyone here nominating him for husband/father of the year.

what more should anyone expect.
nothing more - Warne has every trophy in the cabinet bar the ICC.

spider

Coach
PJ said:
I wonder how loud Australian cricket supporters would be screaming if an opposition champion made a much quicker than expected return from a big injury only to be caught with a masking agent in their system.

He did PJ - he also did the time for it - which cost him a lot more wickets.

But for that stupidity, he was dealt with.

PJ

First Grade
He did some time. Do you think that Aussie cricket fans would have thought it a fair punishment if he wasn't one of ours?

Do you think Aussie cricket fans would forgive and forget an opposition player who was banned and came back?

Simple fact is that Murali does have a physical problem that results in a diabolical action however he now bowls within the rules. I am quite sure that the Australian sporting public would be quite happy with this if Murali was an Aussie. He isn't so we are outraged and critical of his bowling.

spider

Coach
PJ said:
He did some time. Do you think that Aussie cricket fans would have thought it a fair punishment if he wasn't one of ours?
one only has to look at the crrent debarcle with the PCB - now that is joke.

Do you think Aussie cricket fans would forgive and forget an opposition player who was banned and came back?
i cant comment for others except for myself - but if you do the time, fair enough.

Simple fact is that Murali does have a physical problem that results in a diabolical action
you say diabolical - i say illegal. Its only our opinions.

however he now bowls within the rules.
since they were changed - yes he does now.

I am quite sure that the Australian sporting public would be quite happy with this if Murali was an Aussie.
rubbish - just an accute angle to broaden this view

He isn't so we are outraged and critical of his bowling.
im not outraged - only critical of "his action" - but thats only my opinion.

PJ

First Grade
Quote:

i cant comment for others except for myself - but if you do the time, fair enough.

So how come the same doesn't apply to Murali? He is bowling within the rules and as such why should it be a "disgrace" that he takes more wickets than any other bowler?

He can't help his deformity.

He didn't change the rules.

spider

Coach
PJ said:
So how come the same doesn't apply to Murali?
sorry PJ - what do you mean?

He is bowling within the rules
after all the attention he received of his action, then the rules were changed.

Why was the degree of a bowlers action changed???

A. to allow him to remain within the rules.

and as such why should it be a "disgrace" that he takes more wickets than any other bowler?
because his action is a joke - regardless of now "being within the rules".

He can't help his deformity.
your playing this card a bit - his arm "is straight at the the point of release"

He didn't change the rules.
proceeding the scrutiny of his action they were changed. - so although he never changed them - he was the attributing factor to the change.

cheese

Bench
There is no f**king way that Murali's doosra is within the rules .....even if he is deformed, he whips his arm through like a baseball pitcher with that delivery. yeah yeah, ive seen the "documentary".

And Warnie did his time. Taking a diuretic is NOT definitive proof that you're masking something more sinister, even if that dumb merkin Dick Pound thinks so. With any injury, fluid will accumulate around the joint, and a diuretic may help ease the discomfort. Doesnt mean warnie was on the horse juice. Still, it was a disgrace, but he did his time.

But look at that merkin Shoab and that other farkwit. Juiced up on anabolics and get off scott free through pleading ignorance. Now THAT is a disgrace.

Either way, who gives a f**k. Shane Warne is great great Australian. A chopping and bowling cyborg.

See the pic's of that threesome he was in not that long ago????? how a fat middle aged balding beer swilling smoking adulterer disgrace can chop those two fine pieces AT ONCE is surely deserved of knighthood.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
WWWWAAAAAAAAARRRRRRNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!

Bowler
699 test wickets do not lie, champion bowler, hell before Warney ever got picked you would have been shouted out of the pub fro saying a spinner will get 500 test wickets.
Why murli is even in this thread I'll never know.

Character
Love him to death, a bloke. As for a role model for children, that is the parents job, not a sportsman, geez that shytes me, bet TV is the baby sitter too.

Husband
Well he ain't one she dumped him - thier issue, I do not give a flying fugg.

WWWWAAAAAAAAARRRRRRNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!

jc155776

Coach
He knows he aint a role model.

He is a brilliant bowler. Never really thought he was THAT great until after coming back from a year off. Was unreal.

That threesome with the models is somehting to be proud of as well. Dont know why there was such a furore, his wife had already left him.

carcharias

Immortal
jc155776 said:
He knows he aint a role model.

He is a brilliant bowler. Never really thought he was THAT great until after coming back from a year off. Was unreal.

That threesome with the models is somehting to be proud of as well. Dont know why there was such a furore, his wife had already left him.
It was the playboy undies that upset the nation I feel.

cheese

Bench
shane_warne.jpg

Waaaaarrrrrnnniiiie

Waaaaarrrrrnnniiiie

Waaaaarrrrrnnniiiie

cheese

Bench
lol spidey. With two balls he claimed a pair of golden ducks. Got them out CBW. Bowling Shane

SirShire

First Grade
The great man will be missed

Fugg Murali, he could have a 1000 wickets, and he will never ever be remembered as the greatest. He has 90 wickets from 11 tests this year. Not hard when you're playing the Bangas every 12 months on doctored, sub continent pitches.

ratsack2

Juniors
Murali is also a tamil, damn nigh impossible to get into the national side but overcame that as well.

aussies obviously take anyone hence warnie even being in the team.

I can't stand the merkin now and never will

Latest posts