What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Payne Haas

bluefox68

Staff member
This guy…

Surely he’d be the most unhappy NRL player around…

I reckon he’s a total slave to his family and his manager.

The smart thing to do is to take the $1.1 m per year from the Broncos, but NO - he’s going to ‘test the market’…!!!

PJ

First Grade
Gus has probably already been in his ear.

Promised him the world and dogs back to cheating the cap

Chimp

Bench
The thing about Haas, because of the amount of minutes he plays, you effectively get the value of 2 top line props, which drives up his value. You can get 70 mins of Haas for $1.1, or have 2 decent props on $550k that each play 35 mins, but each of them won’t give you the quality output of Haas.
Then you consider that bench spots/interchanges you can then use elsewhere - he’s a special talent to have in the squad.
The only thing I will say, he doesn’t have any intimidation factor - I’ve never seen him hurt anyone, in defence of attack, that’s the only bit missing from his game - he’s never ironed anyone out, legally or illegally.

R-15-3

Bench
Exactly you can’t put a price on a 70 min prop, throw in a 80 min lock and backrow and the options it gives is endless.

fizman

Bench
My understanding is that it is about connecting with the Muslim Community in Sydney - Nasser, Mundine, SBW, Etc…

Chimp

Bench
If I were putting money on it, I’d say he’ll end up at the Roosters in 2025 when JWH packs in.

jc155776

Coach
My understanding is that it is about connecting with the Muslim Community in Sydney - Nasser, Mundine, SBW, Etc…
If that got him away from his absolute shut house family he might be able to concentrate on footy and be an even better player.

The mums genes run deep in that family.

DJDL

Bench
According to Danny Weidler on 100% Footy, one of the sticking points for Haas is having a deal which includes details of setting him up for a post-playing career.

Here's a thought:

You're 22-23, on the best part of a million a year (soon to be more), barring medical retirement you have upwards of 10 years playing left, and you have ample spare time outside of training/playing.

Why don't you spend some of that time and your money on getting yourself some qualifications?
Speak to some career guidance professionals and find something that is suitable.
Hell, study Wealth Creation and find out how to really make the cash you're earning now work for you.

The world is your oyster, son.

Don't bicker over contract clauses asking for someone to follow you around all day wiping your arse for you.

R-15-3

Bench
According to Danny Weidler on 100% Footy, one of the sticking points for Haas is having a deal which includes details of setting him up for a post-playing career.

Here's a thought:

You're 22-23, on the best part of a million a year (soon to be more), barring medical retirement you have upwards of 10 years playing left, and you have ample spare time outside of training/playing.

Why don't you spend some of that time and your money on getting yourself some qualifications?
Speak to some career guidance professionals and find something that is suitable.
Hell, study Wealth Creation and find out how to really make the cash you're earning now work for you.

Don't bicker over contract clauses asking for someone to follow you around all day wiping your arse for you.
Uncle nick does all that for them for free.

Here's a thought:

I just roll my eyes when people say they've only got a short window to make money. It's like once they've stopped playing they won't be able to earn a cent from then onwards.

And yeah, are these players incapable of doing anything for themselves such is the pampered bubble they live in.

R-15-3

Bench
He is very close to Sonny Dill Williams and he hates us so the chances of him coming here are very slim.

Frenzy.

Immortal
foI just roll my eyes when people say they've only got a short window to make money. It's like once they've stopped playing they won't be able to earn a cent from then onwards.

And yeah, are these players incapable of doing anything for themselves such is the pampered bubble they live in.
Yep, that argument is obscene to your average worker. That includes players on minimum wage. The National average minimum wage is $45905.60 for the everyday, average pleb. What is it for an NRL player? $100-$120 thousand. More than most health care workers or similar who work on award wages

Latest posts