What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Peachey stars for Souths

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Souths lose, but Peachey stars
By Sharon Mathieson
June 3, 2006

Canberra 24 South Sydney 22
SOUTH Sydney didn't win but for the first time in a long time it was a real possibility, thanks to recruit David Peachey.

The former New South Wales and Sharks fullback took the reins of the beleaguered Rabbitohs and gave them a sniff at victory but in the end Canberra proved too good, winning 24-22 in a tight contest.
After spending the first half settling into his new role, Peachey displayed his talents in the second stanza as he attempted to single handedly lead the Rabbitohs to their first victory this season, taking on the job of playmaker as he called the shots around the field.
Peachey, who signed with Souths this week after being sacked English club Widnes last month, came into his own in the second half as he directed his team around the paddock, proving he may be the missing ingredient the club so desperately needs.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19356272-23214,00.html

Dread

Juniors
He played well. Not enough to drag the rabble out of the chaos.. but close. Looked magical everytime he had the ball in his hands.

The Nulla

Juniors
I almost forgot how gorgeous he looks on a football field. So gracious, so poised.... like a butterfly, that could kill !

That 40/20 was outstanding, and he also did a few other good things....That horrible dummy half kick was a poor option though, but all in all a solid debut.

Wrong jumper, right man

newman

First Grade
Overall, I thought he was a bit quiet. But most of his touches were world class. 40/20 was brilliant.

Methinks it will be a recurring story in the Souths/Peach saga.

He was good in attack, really got the Souths side back into the match.

I thought he struggled in defence a bit in the first half. One poor read in defence, and a couple of times not locking locking up the player with the ball. In the second, he missed tackles but slowed down a few Canberra players that made line breaks.

i went to the game (being a canberran and my dad a rabbitohs man)
he was good in attack, when he got the ball. but souths are a pathetic rabble and he didnt see it much in the first half. joe williams is the worst halfback ive ever seen.
anyway back to the peach. defence was ok, not so good in first half but was better in second. 40 20 kick was massive. he played with alot of enthusiasm. more so than some of teh games he played for us last year.
if souths can get him, mad dog and john sutton going (sutton did bugger all), they just may win a game.

Gaz_E

Juniors
Russle crowes band said:
joe williams is the worst halfback ive ever seen.

Nah that honour goes to Michael Sullivan, not only is he the worst half-back at the club (Warrington), he's not even the best impact hooker. No kicking game, passing game, or running one for that matter. It's not going well for him here. I gave him a chance, he's shown nothing and i find it hard to defend his performances now.

You guys want him back?

The Dodger

First Grade
Gaz_E said:
Nah that honour goes to Michael Sullivan, not only is he the worst half-back at the club (Warrington), he's not even the best impact hooker. No kicking game, passing game, or running one for that matter. It's not going well for him here. I gave him a chance, he's shown nothing and i find it hard to defend his performances now.

You guys want him back?

umm... no thanks...

Since 73

First Grade
Be interesting when Souths play Storm - the 2 fullbacks will look like the master and the apprentice. Peachey and Inglis.

Just for the record, in one game Peachey has executed as the same number of 40/20 kicks as our chief playmaker has.