What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Poker at Cronulla RSL

leaguerules

Juniors
Im only a real novice i assume its texas holdem

has anyone gone up and played their i thinkits on monday and wednesday night.
what is it like and how much does it cost. i know how to play with mates but thats with no stakes.

Bundy

Juniors
It's not bad. Most of the players there are big talkers though. They all seem to think they are future WSOP Allstars!
I find, Wednesday at Sharkies and Sundays at TPBC much better.

leaguerules

Juniors
yeh thats what im a bit worried about i wouldntget intimidated because i wouldnt take it that serious but i dont want to be around ego a##holes. How much does it cost at the rsl or the leagues club

zeppelin

Juniors
Poker is great fun, except when you loose with pocket kings to pockets aces like i did the other night. I'm still having nightmares about it!

leaguerules

Juniors
yeh ive looked at some of those online poker places but im a bit unsure is their chance some nerds got aprogram that enables them to see your cards thats probable a bit silly but im sure its possible

Bundy

Juniors
Nah they can't see your cards but they can have a probability program that'll tell them the best decision they can make mathematically based on the pot value, the current bet and ofcourse your cards and the communal cards when drawn.
You can get a basic one of these for free at www.pokerbility.com, but realistically... that's just playing safe and you're never gonna win a decent tournament without the odd 'gamble', you've just gotta know when to take it!

cheese

Bench
partypoker.com is the f**king devil .....the devil in a g-string with great cans.

im ...not... addicted .....I ..swear ...HeheHAh

spider

Coach
cheese said:
partypoker.com is the f**king devil .....the devil in a g-string with great cans.

im ...not... addicted .....I ..swear ...HeheHAh

I have not played on that site for a while - but i agree, it is addictive when you start off.

cheese

Bench
most good players know the probability off the cuff anyway. Those programs are good for learning, but you'll get flogged if they're all you rely on.

HevyDevy

Coach
cheese said:
most good players know the probability off the cuff anyway. Those programs are good for learning, but you'll get flogged if they're all you rely on.

Correct.

The best way to learn though is just through experience.

After time you'll start to pick up tells, know when people are bluffing or when you can bluff them off the pot. Also the difference between a hand in early position as opposed to late position. A lot of novices see an Ace and are in the hand straight away.