What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Socceroos v Germany Tonight

bildo

Juniors
I'm sick of all the soccer on TV at the moment, so i was hoping they would lose. A good result for better TV viewing imo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I reckon if Germany were serious they could put 8 goals through us tonight.

But since it's the first game and essentially a warm up for the Germans (we'll be seen as the weakest game in the group), it could be a bit closer.

I guess they were only half serious...

I'm absolutely gutted, without sounding too negative about the situation, the campaign has ended before it even started.

goodbye Pim and good riddence...

Gronk

Staff member
Was like watching Melbourne vs Wenty Bundy Cup team.

FFS is it necessary to go down holding your face if you get clipped on your shin ? I just cannot take this sport seriously with that crap going on.

Snoochies

First Grade
I'm sick of all the soccer on TV at the moment, so i was hoping they would lose. A good result for better TV viewing imo.

So what do you normally watch at 4.30am?? Can't imagine SBS having such riveting viewing at that time of morning. :sarcasm:

strider

Post Whore
So what do you normally watch at 4.30am?? Can't imagine SBS having such riveting viewing at that time of morning. :sarcasm:
:lol: .... what? prime time isn't from 12am to 6:30am?

the first 5 mins was pretty good :thumn

oh well - if we are decent in any way, then 2 wins will do it - if not then reality has set in

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon if Germany were serious they could put 8 goals through us tonight.

But since it's the first game and essentially a warm up for the Germans (we'll be seen as the weakest game in the group), it could be a bit closer.

Spot on Bart, had they converted some sitters it would have been. Had they converted the other half dozen genuine chances it could have been well into double figures :crazy:

The atmosphere at Darling Harbour was awesome pre game, very sombre during it unfortunately except for our best chance in the first few minutes of the game

Cahill is out next game, We need to roll the dice and throw Kewell and the bald bloke in there (forget his name but it starts with B :D)

Australia socceroos are like the NSW Origin side, need to win the next two games :oops:

Kornstar

Coach
Was like watching Melbourne vs Wenty Bundy Cup team.

FFS is it necessary to go down holding your face if you get clipped on your shin ? I just cannot take this sport seriously with that crap going on.

Agree with this, seriously, Cahill got sent for what??????

Do we really deserve to be there? Germany were 10 times better than us.

Watching the dives etc. reminded me why i only watch football once every 4 years.....

Yes they are skillful and all that but all that diving just turns me off!!!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I agree with you guys. I like watching it but the diving and theatrics really turns me off. If they could clean that up it would be much better to watch.

bartman

Immortal
Spot on Bart, had they converted some sitters it would have been. Had they converted the other half dozen genuine chances it could have been well into double figures :crazy:

The atmosphere at Darling Harbour was awesome pre game, very sombre during it unfortunately except for our best chance in the first few minutes of the game
Yeah, they're a class above us Germany. We did well last WC to get into the top 16, but we have been kidding ourselves if we think that we are really/consistently in that company. (Not far off it, but we're ranked 20 for a reason.)

Cahill is out next game, We need to roll the dice and throw Kewell and the bald bloke in there (forget his name but it starts with B :D)
Agree, I know Kewell's carrying injury, but the game against Ghana is a must compete (ie draw) game if they want to get any further. Kennedy must be in there (especially with Cahill suspended) and Bresciano has never let anyone down, and was a strange omission this morning imo.

I can see us competing in the next two games, maybe drawing both (which wouldn't be enough). We really have to win one as well, preferably against Ghana so that we draw equal with them on the table before the final pool game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looking at the team that Pym selected, he gave up before we even started

Tyler Durden

Juniors
we're in a bit of poo...
lead up form has been awful - scraping past New Zealand, uninspiring against Denmark and then getting ripped apart by USA - and those pesky Germans just smacked us in our place.

but time to roll the dice and go all in against Ghana, and should Serbia manage to upset the Germans, then this group could be very interesting on Sunday.

Parra

Referee
They rig the comp to get us in and then Australian carry on as if we are some sort of contender.

How would league or union fans here react if a Z grade nation failed to make it past the early rounds of a world cup, and then turned up with the same team four years later. A team that was considered old four years ago. They failed in 2006 and turned up slower, carrying more injuries and bigger egos.

We couldn't even qualify for 32 years, and now we carry on like good sorts.

strider

Post Whore
is there any channel to appeal red card suspensions in the world cup? ... i admit i am no football expert, but that seemed a soft challenge to effectively get rubbed out for 1.5 games .... and i assume there are probably even worse cases ..... is there any opportunity to appeal a red card suspension? - or is it just a suck it up and live with it type thing?

Typical of the Australian Media and Public to build something up that isn't within our reach. It helps Rebel Sport sell supporter gear all the hype before hand but i bet they don't sell much today.
No wonder Football Australia wanted to quaify thru Asia, much easier than having to play play the 4th ranked South American team.