What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other centre

Who should be the number 2 centre next year

• Matai

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Alberts

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Stephenson

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Menzies

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

chileman

Coach
The Way I See It said:
manly got nothing ingood cenres yoyu watch steven bell will be overrated
:lol: What are you talking about, he's never been rated highly in League amongst the so called experts and selectors....he'll have a blinder this season!

Barks

Juniors
Not 100% sure of any of them, and beaver is a backrower. Hopefully someone stands up for 2006 - Alberts is better is attack and Matai is better in defence

Bowhunter

Juniors
Matai, I suppose. Didn't he get shortlisted for the kiwi squad? That ought have his confidence up heading into next season.

raidz3r

Juniors
Barks said:
Not 100% sure of any of them, and beaver is a backrower. Hopefully someone stands up for 2006 - Alberts is better is attack and Matai is better in defence

I'd disagree on that mate. I believe A;berts is better in both attack and defence. Mattai tends to misread the opposing teams attacking play and get caught out. Also i believe Mattai's one on one defence is VERY overated by many manly supporters.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Alberts all the way.

Matai still lacks the discipline required for 1st great. Yes his one on one defence is good, but he often misreads the play. Alberts can read the game like a veteran and is oh so light on his feet.

t-ba

Post Whore
It's a tough call. Of the available choices, here are my thoughts

Matai-It's between him & Alberts. See how they go in the trials

Alberts-Replaces 'Alberts' with Matai at the above and you've got it.

Stephenson-Keep him on the wing. I watched his insubstantial crap in the centres for two seasons...too slow, poor defence, selfish on attack. Who could have guessed he had the makings of a solid winger? Another season under his belt at this position and the big fella might develop into a real force in that number 2 Jersey...

Menzies-ROFLMAO. The Beaver needs to stay in the forwards...and get another two year contract so he can capture that worm Terry Lambs most games played record.

RainMan

Juniors
t-ba said:
Menzies-ROFLMAO. The Beaver needs to stay in the forwards...and get another two year contract so he can capture that worm Terry Lambs most games played record.

Beaver or Kennedy (or both?) might have to make way in 2007 if Manly are serious about having a crack for J.Lyon.

circling eagle

Juniors
Alberts has the skill to be something special, sure he still has a long way to go, but we may as well start that journey next year