What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other games

Smug Panther

First Grade
Yes I understand. The Hair pull also on the 5th tackle lead to Cowboys getting 8 points. A rubbish call.

But you can't take 6 points of end result and say that would of been scoreline. Reason is Cowboys may of tightened up. Or at 22-18 Parra 100% would been pushing hard for another try and increasing risk. They wouldn't of shut up shop with 15 to go at behind by 2 points. Its a ridiculous argument.

I 100% agree had it happened in the last 15mins. But it didn't. And Cowboys seemed to be battering them at 20-12.

I'm actualy interested in how a neutral observer saw the game?

To me Cowboys looked calm and collective. They bashed the Eels for most the game.And handled the conditions well.

Parra looked nervous, made heaps of poor errors, Moses kicking game was off and in general rubbish. But the defense was awesome and when did have some good ball showed far more class and looked like they would open them up. The last 25mins the Cowboys looked fatigued as Parra got a better share of the ball and run over the top.

Oh and Bryce well. That offload on the 1st tackle in the red zone when had no ball? That's why he is in NSW CUP.
I saw two very average football sides

Fangs

Coach
The Sharks and the Cowboys have been the worst performing teams of the finals so far. Very disappointing despite having great years. I'll back both teams to improve next year.

I think the Sharks need some more youth in the pack. Cowboys need the opposite just some experience in pressure matches like last night. Their D wasn't up to it when it mattered and that is everything in the finals.

hindy111

Post Whore
I saw two very average football sides

To be fair this is true. I'd argue Souths vs Sharks was the same.
A polished Storm side would of destroyed the Eels with all those errors. The Cowboys just don't have the fire-power. So yes you are correct.

But the Eels can trouble you next week I feel if they click. My concern is Waqa Blake. The irony is your paying him and it could literally pay off.
It isn't he drops bombs. He goes for ones that he shouldn't and nearly always looks clueless under them.

Murraymob1

Juniors
An
To be fair this is true. I'd argue Souths vs Sharks was the same.
A polished Storm side would of destroyed the Eels with all those errors. The Cowboys just don't have the fire-power. So yes you are correct.

But the Eels can trouble you next week I feel if they click. My concern is Waqa Blake. The irony is your paying him and it could literally pay off.
It isn't he drops bombs. He goes for ones that he shouldn't and nearly always looks clueless under them.
Any news on Paulo

Iamback

Coach
Cowboys were trying to tire them early. To strike late so that try changed the whole complex of the game.

Sadly Ashley Klein will do something worse tonight

snickers007

Juniors
Can't wait for a downtown penalty. They call them all the time apparently.

I'd be happy if they called more of them. Obviously don't want the crackdown to start now, but next season a 3 or 4 week blitz would be great.

It's an absolute scourge at junior level, and impossible to reel back when they see it allowed in the NRL.

To be fair, I'm also an advocate for tighter scrums too, players actually binding etc. So maybe I'm a bit of a dinosaur.