What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our best side?

legend

Coach
Assuming O'Hara and Weyman are gone for the year and we are still in contention for the finals come round 20, what do you think is our best side leading into the finals and can we make an impression unlike previous years?

My side would be:

Schif
Chalk
Ale
Graham
Howell
Smith
Withers
Croker
Adamson
Hindmarsh
Thompson
Woolford
Miller

Tongue
Hodgson
Lomu
Williams/Kahler

skeepe

Immortal
I wouldn't be too disappointed to see that team named. Unfortunately I think it's missing one of the coach's favourite players in Adam Mogg. I can't see Mogg being dropped although he deserves to be.

woodgers

Bench
My side would be:

Schif
Chalk
Ale
Graham
Frawley/Milne (see how he goes - just get rid of Howell)
Smith
Withers
Croker
Adamson
Hodgson
Thompson
Woolford
Lomu

Tongue
Hindmarsh
Miller
Carney

I would really like Miller to start but feel his lack of size may be an issue in the finals where players are coming in 2/3 every tackle. Bring him and tongue on after 20 and let them lift the intensity. If O'Hara and Weyman were there, that side could really give the finals a shake.

Macko8

Juniors
yeah yeah moggs form this year hasnt been anything to get excited about but he'll prolly be there come the last few rounds no doubt bout it. heres my side

Schif
Chalk
Howell
Frawley
Graham
Smith
Withers
Croker
Lomu
Adamson
Thommo
Woolford
Miller

Tongue
Williams
Hindmarsh
Kahler

Tidus_Raider

Bench
My side would be:

Schif
Milne
Ale
Graham
Chalk
Smith
Withers
Thompson
Woolford
Miller
Kahler
Adamson
Croker

Tongue
Hindmarsh
Hodgson
Lomu

No Mogg, No Frawley, No Williams and NO Howell.

legend

Coach
A bit early to put Milne in the top side after only one first grade game off the bench.

azza

Juniors
Milne showed more spark in attack in that one match than either Howell or Gafa have shown this entire year.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I agree about Gafa, he always gives the impression that he doesn't want to be there. Howell though I think is going ok, beef him up a bit and he'll be quite the centre.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
legend said:
A bit early to put Milne in the top side after only one first grade game off the bench.

It's time to build to build for next year IMO. He is a better player and has more stike power the both Howell and Gafa IMO.

Gafa is AT BEST a bench utility player. He is too slow, doesn't really break through tackles, doesn't have a nack for getting over the tryling.

When at 5/8th our attack is not even 1 dimensional. It's non-dimensional.

thickos

First Grade
For the run-in to September I'd go with:

Schifcofske
Chalk
Ale
Graham
Milne or Frawley
Smith
Withers
Miller
Woolford (c)
Thompson
Adamson
Hindmarsh
Croker

Lomu
Tongue
Hodgson
Williams

Fair team I reckon :)

woodgers

Bench
Thickos, you reckon 4 forwards on the bench is alright? I am still really unsure about that one. In 2003 it wasn't such an issue however now Croker has slowed down a lot in 2 years and I worry about him in the backline

goldcoastpunk

Juniors
I reckon:

Schif
Chalk
Ale/Frawley(if fit and in form)
Howell
Graham
Smith
Withers
Campese
Adamson
Croker
Thompson
Woolford
Miller

Tongue/Carney
Hodgson
Lomu
Hindmarsh/Kahler

I like the look of Campese and would like to see him get a run at lock. Also Rotation of Carney, Withers and Woolford could prove awesome if used effectively.

Chachi

Bench
Based purely on potential my pick would be:
Schifcofski
Frawley
Ale
Howell
Graham
Smith
Withers
Croker
Hodgson
Adamson
Lomu
Woolford
Thompson

Chalk/Campese
Miller
Tongue
Hindmarsh/Kahler

Pending injury I'd be happy to see Chalk replace Frawley and there is no way Elliott would drop Mogg if fit, so I can't imagine Ale in there come finals time.

As far as the 8 goes, we're pretty much gone first round if we finish 7 or 8. I guess it depends on how much confidence we finish the season with and how many injuries we have. Penrith was kicked in the arse by a rainbow in '03 and showed what momentum and a golden run without injuries could result in. I don't think we have the raw talent that Penrith did across the park but we may pick up a win if we finished in a place which allowed play a team like the Dragons or Eagles first up.

ausraider

Juniors
Chachi said:
Based purely on potential my pick would be:
Schifcofski
Frawley
Ale
Howell
Graham
Smith
Withers
Croker
Hodgson
Adamson
Lomu
Woolford
Thompson

Chalk/Campese
Miller
Tongue
Hindmarsh/Kahler

Pending injury I'd be happy to see Chalk replace Frawley and there is no way Elliott would drop Mogg if fit, so I can't imagine Ale in there come finals time.

As far as the 8 goes, we're pretty much gone first round if we finish 7 or 8. I guess it depends on how much confidence we finish the season with and how many injuries we have. Penrith was kicked in the arse by a rainbow in '03 and showed what momentum and a golden run without injuries could result in. I don't think we have the raw talent that Penrith did across the park but we may pick up a win if we finished in a place which allowed play a team like the Dragons or Eagles first up.

In a long time I think if we can have our best team avaiable we could give it a shake from 7th or 8th.With Smith running the show we have enough points to beat any team in the 8.

sydraider

First Grade
With the tigers showing what they are capable of attack wise last night, the fight for positions 7 and 8 are goin to be tighter than a nuns nasty.
We seriously need to put a couple of teams away to improve our for and against!

Hayabusa

Juniors
I'd have it this way.

1. Schif
2. Graham
3. Frawley
4. Ale
5. Chalk
6. Smith
7. Withers
8. Lomu
9. Woolford
10. Miller
11. Thompson
12. Adamson
13. Croker

14. Tongue
15. Campese
16. Hindmarsh
17. The most in form out of Kahler/Hodgson or Williams if hes much fitter and can prove he can make and impact.