What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Best Team!

simon says

First Grade
Mmmmmmmm,Buckets still stings in defense mate.Its just his misses that are hurting.Add to that 37 metres with the ball last week and something has to give.

His form has been down this year....I ma a big fan but you have to call it how you see it.I also feel for Graham whoseemed to be getting better and got wwhacked on the bench.

Im hoping Buckets will get back to last years form and have a biggie.

Dale.2.

Juniors
bonstonker said:
the buckets crusade must be some type of bandwagon thing.

the reason i ask is that,who the f**k else in our team is making line breaks?

skando isn't,gibbs isn't,patto isn't,lima didn't,graham isn't,sattler isn't,galea isn't,harrison didn't,boof hasn't,payten didn't,heigo didn't.

yet it is buckets who is copping it on the line breaking issue.did i miss something,was he designated line breaker somewhere in the pre season? :roll:

Yeah thats all well and good but face the facts Bon,Mark has not found the form he showed last year and as such we have every right to question his worth.

As i said on Rleague,he should still be in the 17 as he will be out for a big game this week,i cant wait to see how he responds,to coin a phrase-it's crunch time ;-)

Vicious

Bench
Mmmmmmmm,Buckets still stings in defense mate.Its just his misses that are hurting.Add to that 37 metres with the ball last week and something has to give.

His form has been down this year....I ma a big fan but you have to call it how you see it.I also feel for Graham whoseemed to be getting better and got wwhacked on the bench.

Im hoping Buckets will get back to last years form and have a biggie.

I`ll say a prayer for him because he must be on his last chance..LOL..
All jokes aside though,it`s good to see most of us are rowing the same boat as a win is essential this week!

bonstonker

Juniors
Dale.2. said:
bonstonker said:
the buckets crusade must be some type of bandwagon thing.

the reason i ask is that,who the f**k else in our team is making line breaks?

skando isn't,gibbs isn't,patto isn't,lima didn't,graham isn't,sattler isn't,galea isn't,harrison didn't,boof hasn't,payten didn't,heigo didn't.

yet it is buckets who is copping it on the line breaking issue.did i miss something,was he designated line breaker somewhere in the pre season? :roll:

Yeah thats all well and good but face the facts Bon,Mark has not found the form he showed last year and as such we have every right to question his worth.

As i said on Rleague,he should still be in the 17 as he will be out for a big game this week,i cant wait to see how he responds,to coin a phrase-it's crunch time ;-)

i am facing facts,but it seems everyone is happy to not face facts about everyone else in the team.by all means question his worth,but why are the other players worth not questioned.
i can't believe that snide was the only other person here to pick up that gibbs was no where to be seen in attack,yet he seems to be in everyones team and his worth has not been questioned by any of you.if your prop won't do it,why the f**k should he be in the team. :?
look at the difference in hitups between our backrow and props.take out skando and it is a f**king joke.

as you will notice i have not said either keep him or drop him.
i am just wanting to know why it is up to him to be the linebreaker when no one else is.
why are all the others exempt from our weakness in attack.

i have said for quite some time that our backrow lacks balance,and during the pre season i was asking the question of who was going to be effective running the ball when we have a ball playing backrow.

i was told that these players would help fitzy at 5/8 and ease the pressure,and my response was that our pack would not create enough momentum to ease the pressure on fitzy.

i don't care who it is that gets dropped,because they are playing pretty much the same game to the eye and on the stats sheet.

i just don't understand how he is the only problem with our pack.
have we been better when he has been off the field.no f**king way.

if we want to face facts,show me the games where we have excelled with his replacement on the field.

as i said,it all sounds like bandwagon comments without any substance.

and by the way dale,i was f**king robbed with the forward trys last week. :evil: :? :lol:

Dale.2.

Juniors
Ok lets start with the important things first,

Boo hoo you were robbed in vnrl,save the drama for your mama i'll cya in the finals ;-)

Yes Bon you are right,other players are also not performing and a great majority of the O'neill bagging is probably bandwagoners.

I dont care for the Gibbs comparison,Gibbs is still very wet behind the ears and is in the middle of a steap learning curve,O'neill is a veteran who's best is behind him,he still might have something to offer but atm he is playing like a man with a tired old body.

Also i challenge your "i have said for quite some time that our backrow lacks balance,and during the pre season i was asking the question of who was going to be effective running the ball when we have a ball playing backrow." claim.

I could have sworn it was you challenging my claim that our backrow was too alike and O'neill shouldnt get the captaincy because somelike Galea would be better in his spot :?

tigerdan

Juniors
what shocks me is how can you add 2 player into OUR BEST LINE UP that hasnt even played 1 min in first grade football :?

westie

Bench
tigerdan said:
what shocks me is how can you add 2 player into OUR BEST LINE UP that hasnt even played 1 min in first grade football :?

Look again. It's still a shit side though.

bonstonker

Juniors
Dale.2. said:
Ok lets start with the important things first,

Boo hoo you were robbed in vnrl,save the drama for your mama i'll cya in the finals ;-)

Yes Bon you are right,other players are also not performing and a great majority of the O'neill bagging is probably bandwagoners.

I dont care for the Gibbs comparison,Gibbs is still very wet behind the ears and is in the middle of a steap learning curve,O'neill is a veteran who's best is behind him,he still might have something to offer but atm he is playing like a man with a tired old body.

Also i challenge your "i have said for quite some time that our backrow lacks balance,and during the pre season i was asking the question of who was going to be effective running the ball when we have a ball playing backrow." claim.

I could have sworn it was you challenging my claim that our backrow was too alike and O'neill shouldnt get the captaincy because somelike Galea would be better in his spot :?

good to see you start with the important stuff first. :lol:

gibbs has had his taste,he knows the standard of nrl football and now he must go back to pl and fix up his attack.
we can't afford to carry a prop who won't ruck it when needed.
he hasn't served a long enough apprenticeship,now i know not every player needs to,like williams,hunt and benji,but it is obvious to me that he needs to unless there is a quick turn around in form.
we can't afford to have him learn it in first grade at this time.
he looks like he is in some form of a comfort zone,and maybe with sheens not including him this week,it might be the jolt he needs to get out of it.
who knows,he could be a late inclusion with sheens looking to see how he reacts to the threat of lower division football.
either way,shying away from making the hard yards is unacceptable for a prop,now matter how green he is.

as for me challenging your claim,i'm sorry but you have me mixed up with simon.the only times i chimed in was how i thought galea looked great as a ball runner(in the backrow) just before injury and that he should be kept in that role.

during the pre season the only time i challenged a selection of buckets was when you said he could cover prop.
at the time i called it forward suicide.

you had stated that sheens was thinking this way and took the ball and ran with it.
i then corrected you that lavers had simply answered a question about buckets at prop and lavers said he would play where ever required.
i then showed you the transcripts of sheens talking about props and buckets was never mentioned.

we also did alot of teams we thought sheens would pick and also our own sides.i stated a fair bit that there was no way buckets would not play round 1.my reasoning was that the 2003 forward of the year would not lose his spot from 4 trials.(please don't think i am asking for him to be retained at present because of the 2003 statement,although some will :roll: )

in my selected teams galea was on the bench because of injury, he had no chance of gaining a spot ahead of buckets,graham and satts without trials under his belt.

we also debated fitzy and reynolds alot,and you were always going on about the pressure satts and graham would take off fitzy along with prince.i always responded that our backrow was top heavy in ballplayers and tackling machines that lacked go forward and genuine line breaking ability.
along with this,viane was the crucial element in the team,and that if we were to be a force that he had to be in the team if he was back to his pre broken arm form.
i think our biggest loss this season has been viane,if anyone can find him,please send him to sheens asap.

i hope that has jolted the memory,if not,then you may as well suck a fart out of my arse,because i have never said what you are claiming and also made it clear i wanted senter as captain.

and i must say that i am dissapointed that you would even think that i would make up such a stance let alone claim i was.

simon says

First Grade
Suck a fart out of my arse????? :lol: :lol:

Bon,whats going on lately mate,you off the Prozac???? ;-) ;-)

And why has my name been mentioned????I was whinging about our backrow last year(and our front row too while Im at it).

Latest posts