What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

our biggest weakness - tomane

Kells

Juniors
watched the cowboys game and tomane's defence is pathetic

in the 1st half the cowboys should of scored 3 more tries as every time they went to tomane's edge he got slaughtered and was saved everytime by the luck of the cowboys dropping the final pass twice and williams throwing the ball back into tonga (which finch knocked dead) when we could of easily ran in and scored.

he has NO IDEA in defence - all teams have to do is attack him and they will score. i hope bellamy can somehow fix this as the storm are:

"conceding only 50 tries in 19 games, but 27 have gone through the 10m corridor on the left-side of the field compared with 14 down the right"

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25889260-14823,00.html

thats all tomane! he has no clue - he is lost out there!

when he dogged us and signed with the titans i was filthy but now am happy to see him go as nothing he give us in attack is worth what he costs us in defence

however the rest of the season is still the worry!:crazy:

Mantle

Juniors
I agree Tomanes defence is shaky but you have to look inside him, some of the time he has to come in on the centre because the people on inside have rushed up and left him stranded.

Agree..Tomane is not great, he tends to rush up and try and make a hit.

Inglis can also be lazy in defence and rely on his wingers to make a tackle which does not help.

Spot On

Coach
Agree..Tomane is not great, he tends to rush up and try and make a hit.

Inglis can also be lazy in defence and rely on his wingers to make a tackle which does not help.

The loss to Canberra is a good example of this - Monahan scoring tries down that side.

MsStorm

Bench
Watching the game, I was really frustrated with tomane...but what can we do, we are stuck with him for this year...got no replacement for him thats the problem.

Watching the game, I was really frustrated with tomane...but what can we do, we are stuck with him for this year...got no replacement for him thats the problem.

Exactly...no replacements. I hate to think what will happen next year with a few injuries to our backline.

We will need to play Hoffie on the wing, Blair in the centres and White at fullback.:lol:

AILD

Bench
Quinn isnt great either...makes good hits but very dodgy outwide. Although not half as bad as Tomane....he is sooooo bad. And as was mentioned above...Inglis tends to drift up and in which leaves Tomane with no choice at times. The storm staff acknowledge there is a problem...but are yet to fix it....