What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our duty as NRL fans..

Cloud9

I can understand why everyone is coming down on the dogs and their fans hard after Friday night. We've all heard names being called...Lebo this and Lebo that...but i believe it takes two to tango. I've been guilty of it myself being simplistic and hurling the odd racial abuse without thinking of the consequences. I believe the violence that happended on Friday night was ignited by racial abuse directed at Bulldogs fans of Lebanese descent. We all know they are easily provoked so lets all not throw fuel into the fire. That being said, throwing bottles onto the ground is inexcusable and the culprits should be banned for life including Anglo types.

DJ1

Juniors
Any footy thugs proven to have incited violence before, at or after a game should be banned from all NRL games for life.

mickdo

Coach
Cloud9 said:
I believe the violence that happended on Friday night was ignited by racial abuse directed at Bulldogs fans of Lebanese descent.
It isn't an excuse Cloud9, it's a reason. If that was the cause then both parties are guilty. The racial abusers, and the violent responders. Unfortunately in recent times the dogs have been involved in too many of these violent episodes, so such a reason wears very thin.

syphon

Juniors
sounds mighty like those people who defend those gang rapists, where they suggest the girls bring it upon themselves :roll:

Kaz

junior
And what about the fights at the GF of 1998.

It started when certain Dogs fans realised the Dogs weren't going to win.

So they started fighting & throwing bottles with urine in them.

Moffo

Referee
Kaz said:

Were you there?

Im not debating the abhorridness of it all, but Roosters fans were getting into the gee-up. Nothing wrong with that, but i've heard that Roosters fans were pissing down on Dogs supporters (literally) and ripping head garments off female fans

Woods

Juniors
Cloud9 said:
We all know they are easily provoked so lets all not throw fuel into the fire.

I applaud what you said and hope that plenty of opposition supporters take up what you said. Don't give these guys a reason to get pissed off PLEASE!

mickdo

Coach
Woods said:
Cloud9 said:
We all know they are easily provoked so lets all not throw fuel into the fire.

I applaud what you said and hope that plenty of opposition supporters take up what you said. Don't give these guys a reason to get pissed off PLEASE!
It's not like it's taken much in the past...

Kaz

junior
Moffo said:
Kaz said:

Were you there?

Yes I was.

Have been to all the GF's with Brisbane in it except 2000.

Moffo said:
Im not debating the abhorridness of it all, but Roosters fans were getting into the gee-up. Nothing wrong with that, but i've heard that Roosters fans were pissing down on Dogs supporters (literally) and ripping head garments off female fans

Those reports are coming from Dogs fans, they could be trying to lay the blame on others.

***MH***

Bench
"For evil to succeed, good men do nothing."
I think for those "Good" bulldogs supporters out there should be helping the cause to help identify the trouble makers and lead by a good example. This is as vigilant as they can get, we all know the outcome if we try and take the law into our own hands (or fists).

For those "Bad" bulldogs supporters, they need to be aware of the image that they are providing for their club. They need to be kept away from temptation where they can support their team without conflict or aggression. Alcohol free zones need to be implicated in trouble spectator areas and bottles of any kind should not be sold at grounds. Police presence is a must (in numbers), just by being there is a simple deterrent of bad behaviour.
"Bad" bulldog supporters must learn that they arn't being singled out because of who they are, but because of their actions and behaviour. They must learn to organize and control themselves when things don't go their way and accept that losing is part of life.

The NRL/Bulldogs/Police cannot simply stop bad behaviour from happening, they can only at their best put in preventative measures and apply appropriate punishments. But fans do need to take a step forward to account for their responsibilties as representatives for the colours of the club that they choose to wear.