What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Finals Performances Since '97

eels_fan_01

Bench
Eelectrica said:
A lot of teams have been beaten in the Prelim final having had the bye though.

Preliminary final winners and losers:
Newcastle had bye and lost, Brisbane had bye and won

Newcastle and Parra both won after the bye

Broncos had bye and lost, Warriors had bye and won

Penrith and Rooster both had bye and won

Penrith had bye and lost, Roosters had bye and won

St. George and Parra both had bye and lost

Bulldogs had bye and lost, Melbourne had bye and won.

So since 2000 8 teams have won after the bye, and 6 teams have lost.
Margin only slightly favours the team with the bye.
This year if we face Manly in the prelim after they've had a bye, I'd feel pretty good about our chances TBH.

Thats not very strong evidence saying the bye hinders a team, i mean as you said over half have won so maybe the teams that lost just werent meant to be there.

sportsmad

Juniors
would love to know who the refs were in our losses for those years. i'm not a betting man but would guess Bill Harrigan & Steve Clark would feature in there somewhere.
if Parra are to win this year, we need to avoid these two being anywhere near a whistle or button making decisions in our games.:pray:

eels_fan_01

Bench
sportsmad said:
would love to know who the refs were in our losses for those years. i'm not a betting man but would guess Bill Harrigan & Steve Clark would feature in there somewhere.
if Parra are to win this year, we need to avoid these two being anywhere near a whistle or button making decisions in our games.:pray:

Although you might have a dislike for certain refs us do i, you'd have to be clutching at straws when you are worrying about what ref you have in a final. If we are good enough we will win.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
hampstead to get the GF *pleeeeeeeease*

i would hate to see clark rewarded with a GF after the year he's had

Latest posts