What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Future at ANZ Stadium.

boo_boo

Juniors
I've made my feelings towards ANZ Stadium & the fact that we play our home games there on many occasions but i am still interested in knowing what sort of future we have there.
As we continue to set new standards in marketing, sponsorship, membership etc then really there is the possibility that we can out grow ANZ as a home ground venue but what other ground / stadium will be there for us to move to.
It will be interesting to see what eventuates if we do outgrow ANZ & maybe it's time for us to look into building our very own home ground.
Nothings impossible.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've made my feelings towards ANZ Stadium & the fact that we play our home games there on many occasions but i am still interested in knowing what sort of future we have there.
As we continue to set new standards in marketing, sponsorship, membership etc then really there is the possibility that we can out grow ANZ as a home ground venue but what other ground / stadium will be there for us to move to.
It will be interesting to see what eventuates if we do outgrow ANZ & maybe it's time for us to look into building our very own home ground.
Nothings impossible.

um! you're at your 2nd year of 10 year deal and you're averaging about 14'000 at best - just reminding you that ANZ stadium does hold 80K :?

Zadar

Juniors
Maracana stadium in Brasil held a record of 199,854 fans, maybe rusty can make that your home ground, if you think its big enough? :crazy:

Galeforce

Bench
any stadium that beats a guaranteed $100k per game ( memory that this is the current deal) and within 60 minutes drive from redfern is acceptable.:)

BunniesMan

Immortal
um! you're at your 2nd year of 10 year deal and you're averaging about 14'000 at best - just reminding you that ANZ stadium does hold 80K :?
Try 17+k. And considering our recent run of missing the finals 3 years in a row...I'd say that's an absolute floor.

As for outgrowing ANZ, I don't think that's realistic but I do think with improved on field performance and continued off field growth we should see crowds better suited to the stadium over the long term.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Try 17+k. And considering our recent run of missing the finals 3 years in a row...I'd say that's an absolute floor.

As for outgrowing ANZ, I don't think that's realistic but I do think with improved on field performance and continued off field growth we should see crowds better suited to the stadium over the long term.

I don't think it's that high at all..

as for outgrowing this stadium comeback when you average 70K it will never ever happen in anyones life time let alone yours.

I would like to any other club average 17k+ when they have only made the semis about 3 times since 1971.

hunters

Juniors
I don't think it's that high at all..

as for outgrowing this stadium comeback when you average 70K it will never ever happen in anyones life time let alone yours.
Well if the crowd stats on nrlstats do reflect the official number, it was an average of 17355. Just a shade above those Eels on the back of a grand final year.

Nothings impossible.

You are delusional.

coombsy

Juniors
Nothings impossible.
Do you ever say anything sensible?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
you want to be back in a suburban ground..

forget the $100k per year..

you want child fans growing up having fond memories of a ground that is specifically yours, not one that is shared by other clubs, codes and concerts..

a home ground develops attachment to your club.. it becomes your territory, a small crowd of 17k becomes a monster crowd who can provide atmosphere and noise and make it genuinely terrifying for opposition teams..

At the time you had to do it, now you's have great sponsorship, solid membership numbers you must really regret it now though playing out of that sh*thole and sharing it with 4-5 other teams.

Until you move I will always consider you to be the Homebush Hares and not the bunnies.

Zigwaa

Bench
I'd prefer the SFS. But the financial security that ANZ stadium offers places it as our best option.

I echo the sentiments already expressed in here, Boo boo have a think about it before you start a thread like this mate. Outgrow ANZ?!?! You can't really believe that will ever happen?!?