What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Future at ANZ Stadium.

MattJ

Juniors
Boo Boo is usually so anti current management, there is no way he could believe souths in its current form could ever grow to that amount of success.
I dont believe he actually was the o.p, i smell a doppleganger.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I can see us playing at the SFS again, but after you have experienced the facilities at ANZ (Souths Members Bar etc), why would I want to go back to a suburban ground where I have a shiate view and where I have to walk through piss to go to the can?

Don't get me wrong, I love going Leichhardt once a year, but that is a massive sell if you had to go to something like that every week. You can multiply that by a factor of ten if you are taking small kids along.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i make a 2,500km round trip by car every year just for the suburban ground experience..

if i could get more time off work, i'd do it more often...

suburban > big stadia...

hell, i get to see every week here in victoria the afl run out of just two main grounds.. it gets very boring (and that's on top of afl already being boring..)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
whoops... double post..

so.. to pass the time, here is my mental image of bunniesman..

alph-01.gif

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm very comfortable at ANZ. Everytime I've been there it's been great, the facilities are great, everything is very comfortable. Since we've been there our crowds have gone from about 13k to 17.5k, and thats during very little on field success.

Another advantage of playing at ANZ is that it's close to western sydney. Every single day Western sydney grows in importance, every day a bigger and bigger share of Sydney's population is west of Parramatta, for our long term growth our home games need to be accessible to that region.

Have a look at google maps. The Parra-Homebush area is now the geographic heart of Sydney. The CBD-Moore park area was the heart a long long long time ago. Playing in homebush is easily the smartest decision.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm very comfortable at ANZ. Everytime I've been there it's been great, the facilities are great, everything is very comfortable. Since we've been there our crowds have gone from about 13k to 17.5k, and thats during very little on field success.

f**k comfort.. give me atmosphere any day of the week. if comfort is your no.1 priority, watch the footy from your armchair..

thats during very little on field success.

you can say that again..

very little on field success.

Have a look at google maps. The Parra-Homebush area is now the geographic heart of Sydney. The CBD-Moore park area was the heart a long long long time ago. Playing in homebush is easily the smartest decision.

are you the south sydney rabbitohs or the geographically centred rabbitohs?

jackb

Juniors
:lol: outgrow ANZ. You're off with the fairies mate.

Come back to the SFS loonies

Never going back to that place as our home ground. Although 17K was our average home gate last season we already have some matches with up to 35K (dogs, eels). The SFS is sardine time when those numbers arrive.

As for burnsie and his cog-rah trash can you can stick the "ground in the burbs" loyalty. Why have a limit of 20K when you can draw 35K and hopefully much more? I also take the family to most home games and do not want line-ups at the dunnies or food outlets. Leave ANZ alone - it'll do me just fine!

adamkungl

Immortal
i make a 2,500km round trip by car every year just for the suburban ground experience..

if i could get more time off work, i'd do it more often...

suburban > big stadia...

Disagree that suburban grounds are better, but they definitely have their place. I'd hate to see a situation like the AFL where we all play out of the big 2. Everyone should have a home ground in their own area. I'm ok with a couple of teams sharing where it makes sense.

the best solution at this stage seems to be playing most home games at suburban grounds, and a few huge blockbusters at the SFS/ANZ. Despite having 3 home grounds for obvious reasons, Tigers probably use this most effectively.

You don't represent the geographic heart of Sydney, you represent the area South/South-East of the City.

Never going back to that place as our home ground.

I think you will at some stage.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You don't represent the geographic heart of Sydney, you represent the area South/South-East of the City.
20th century thinking in the 21st century. I'd love to do a poll and see what percentage of our Sydney based fans are from the South Sydney area and what percentage are from the rest of Sydney. Western Sydney is growing and not all those fans are Penrith, Parra, Canterbury or Wests fans. A fair chunk of them support other teams including Souths. The South Sydney area, as a percentage of all of Sydney, is getting smaller and smaller every day. If we limited ourselves to marketing just to that area we would not have long term growth.

We represent South Sydney but practically speaking we have fans from all over Sydney and playing in Homebush is the logical thing to do. I'm glad my club is smart enough to do that.