What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our next rep player

Macca

Coach
I don't think anyone, even his harshest critics, deny his potential. Hundreds of kids have that potential though, Simmo has just had a nice long apprenticeship to realise it. He still hasn't mind you but Minichiello was ordinary when he first came on the scene and look at him now. Rep footy might just be the making of Simmo, whether he deserves it or not.

Booyah

Bench
Who was our last Lowes yob? Was it ET or Sparkles. I think Stevo might have done one or two as well.

McSharkie said:
I don't think anyone, even his harshest critics, deny his potential. Hundreds of kids have that potential though, Simmo has just had a nice long apprenticeship to realise it. He still hasn't mind you but Minichiello was ordinary when he first came on the scene and look at him now. Rep footy might just be the making of Simmo, whether he deserves it or not.

I disagree. I dont just reckon that he's no good now - I reckon he never will be good because he has no potential.

As for young fullbacks I'd prefer Brett Stewart or Clint Greenshields before we even looked at Simmons. There'd be plenty more in front of him too - the off season has dulled my memory and they are the only two that come to mind.

Booyah

Bench
Trent Cutler looks like he'll be pretty handy in the future. Too bad we don't have him.

Frenzy.

Immortal
King of the Hill said:
I disagree. I dont just reckon that he's no good now - I reckon he never will be good because he has no potential.

As for young fullbacks I'd prefer Brett Stewart or Clint Greenshields before we even looked at Simmons. There'd be plenty more in front of him too - the off season has dulled my memory and they are the only two that come to mind.

Greenshields = Qlder, King.

Frenzy.

Immortal
coolumsharkie said:
Someones gotta represent De La Salle mate, Last one was E.T.

It's been pre-ordained so to speak.

:lol: I don't think this is far from the truth and said as much a dozen times during the season.

Macca

Coach
You missed my point entirely. I don't think Simmo deserves to play rep footy either. He will though.

Mr. Shark

Juniors
Simmo may yet develop into a top-line player: he has youth, speed, size and a football brain on his side- heaps of "potential". This year may well be his. i for one have a bit of hope in him: he just needs time to develop. I'm happy to support the powers that be in giving him a chance. The ball is, as they say, in his court. Go Simmo: set yourself up by having a gun year.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Simmons has speed, youth and ability. The quality he seems to be lacking at the moment is heart.

Do I need to mention patting "0055" Gasnier on the back instead of trying to tackle him. Or was it Cooper? The only guy that tried less in defence and also happened to be faster was Rieck. (Sorry Poiner)