What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our next saviour

broncos2010

Juniors
Meawhile at the broncos we are getting superstar and origin rep Dugan while you guys are getting this guy :lol::lol:

Dragons biggest club in the world....

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Meawhile at the broncos we are getting superstar and origin rep Dugan while you guys are getting this guy :lol::lol:

Dragons biggest club in the world....

I won't be losing any sleep over not signing Dugan. Sure he's talented but he's also a grade A f***wit and even worse injury prone.

blacksafake

First Grade
Don't know alot about him but he doesn't seem to be one of their first three or four choices for half up there.I would think that players like keary(who could be anything),townsend,hunt,hodkinson or even roberts would be a better choice. We surely are desperate & struggling.

Elias1983

Coach
there is ZERO point in letting Price do any further recruitment - he wont be there for next season, and possibly most of this season..
the first thing we MUST do is address the coaching problem.. then bring in a new coach and let him do some recruitment before the June deadline.. dont let Price use the money we have spare and then have a new coach inherit the rubbish Price continues to recruit.

According to the telecrap you have your wish....

He has been less involved in negotiations recently with Craig young and Doust handling the "Lion share" of the negotiations.

That tap on the shoulder might be getting closer...

Time will tell...

to_ddeath

Coach
Whether that rumour be true or not for mine that 'excuse' does not cut it. I've had many bosses over the years who I have disliked, but still had to do my job and do it well.

Regardless I think Soward is having dig I thought he was pretty good in Rounds 1 & 2, unfortunatley I could not watch the Canberra game but I think all this criticism of Soward is pretty unfair.

Mate if you actually watched the game on Sunday you'd at least semi-agree. He was awful on all counts. 9 metres run, 6 missed tackles & SFA else. Apart from a field goal.

T.

broncos2010

Juniors
Well broncos2010 you can take comfort that Dugan is now a reformed boozer or is he, LOL??

At the broncos with the club culture we have he wont be doing this.

At raiders he was a big fish in a small pond but at broncos there is many other big name players so he wont stand out so much and feel so much pressure.

We have no issues letting big future players go,just look at gagai.... we let him go.

Dugan on his day when his mind is fully on football can win games himself and we have seen many times what he can do and I think he can do that at the broncos.

I am sure you guys would love him but he has made up his mind which club has a brighter future.

ellskimore

Juniors

At raiders he was a big fish in a small pond but at broncos there is many other big name players so he wont stand out so much and feel so much pressure.

We have no issues letting big future players go,just look at gagai.... we let him go.

Dugan on his day when his mind is fully on football can win games himself and we have seen many times what he can do and I think he can do that at the broncos.

I am sure you guys would love him but he has made up his mind which club has a brighter future.

Okay. Well done. You can go away now. Bye bye.

Anyway, to continue. Telecrap has mentioned our interest in Tyrone Roberts and Rangi Chase. I'm a fan of Chase and hope they can have better success in negotiations than last year.

Elias1983

Coach

Hahahahahaha.

You have to come here because no-one will talk to you in the broncos forum..

ahahahahaha

Another bronco fan confirmed this yesterday, even they don't pay attention to you...

ahahahahahahaha

Elias1983

Coach
Okay. Well done. You can go away now. Bye bye.

Anyway, to continue. Telecrap has mentioned our interest in Tyrone Roberts and Rangi Chase. I'm a fan of Chase and hope they can have better success in negotiations than last year.

Yeh I saw that, I don't think bennett will be letting him go.

With Gidley getting injured if a butterfly lands on him and Mullen being the only other half, He will keep him on I say.

BennyV

Referee
Don't know alot about him but he doesn't seem to be one of their first three or four choices for half up there.I would think that players like keary(who could be anything),townsend,hunt,hodkinson or even roberts would be a better choice. We surely are desperate & struggling.

confused-full.jpg

Although I do agree that Keary or Hunt would be best options, I dont think Rankin is one to be scoffed at. All we need is a competent set of halves (young would also be helpful) to compliment our forwards and we will be competitive again. Oh, and a decent, non-robotic game plan wouldnt go astray...

perverse

Referee
Tyrone Roberts is signed with the Knights until the end of 2014, and Wayne has massive wraps on him. I think you'll find that he's very quickly going to claim the Knights #7 jersey as his own, too. Absolutely no chance.

Old_Timer

Juniors

But, but, but, hmmmm you're right! :eek:

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Tyrone Roberts is signed with the Knights until the end of 2014, and Wayne has massive wraps on him. I think you'll find that he's very quickly going to claim the Knights #7 jersey as his own, too. Absolutely no chance.

So where does that leave Gidley? Don't kid yourself and think Roberts is going to get the #7 jersey over the golden boy.

perverse

Referee
So where does that leave Gidley? Don't kid yourself and think Roberts is going to get the #7 jersey over the golden boy.
Hooker. Buderus is gone at the end of the year with no heir apparent - Wayne has been toying with the idea already, and Roberts will quickly force his hand, if he hasn't already. Gidley trained almost exclusively at Hooker last week in preparation for the Cowboys.

Wait and see if you don't believe me. It only took Wayne 4 rounds last year to realise Mullen is a true 5/8th... the Roberts change shouldn't take much longer at this rate. He is ready for the gig and putting his hand up deluxe.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
AHHHHHH, TYRONE ROBERTS! My mistake, I thought Ben Roberts was being suggested, at which point my faith in humanity wavered! Apologies!!!

hermidale1

Juniors
Drinkwater isn't ready for First Grade. He hasn't had any experience and he apparently is struggling in NSW Cup. No point rushing the kid. Rankin has at least had some , although minimal, first grade experience and would at least be a slightly better option. Soward has been playing ordinary for a while now, stemming back to last year. I think he's used up all of his get out of jail free cards. While he doesn't take on the line, he'll continue playing the same style of game of running sideways and kicking the ball. Rankin would probably be willing to have a go. It would be better than what we have at the moment.Once Drinkwater is groomed a bit more, then give him his crack.

blacksafake

First Grade
Surely Wayne has some compassion for Price & us seeing as he "endorsed" Price for the coaching job, he must be feeling sorry for us.Maybe just maybe a phone call from Price will do the trick?

Um what was i thinking he doesn't give a rats about us.

jenninga

First Grade

Thaiday and Hodges are your big names,don't crap on.You have no more big names,thats why you hypocrites are after Dugan,wonder what Gagai must think

Latest posts