What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our outside backs strongest line up for 2013

broncos2010

Juniors
Anyone else worried with this pretty much being our strongest line up??

Josh Hoffman, Delroy Berryman, Justin Hodges, Jack Reed, Lachlan Maranta,

Plenty of youth and not much experiences in that backline besides Hodges.
Must be a while since we have looked so weak on paper in the outside backs.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
No doubt it's the weakest we have been on paper for what I can remember. It doesn't help that we've lost Yow Yeh, Copley, Beale.

In saying that, we could turn out to have a strong backline. A couple of things need to happen. Hoffman and Reed need to return to form. One of Berryman, Maranta, Kahu, Kemp need to have a break out season.

It could go either way.

broncos2010

Juniors
I would not mind this heaps more experience and classy looking if you ask me.

1.Norman 2.Hoffman 3.Glen 4.Hodges 5.Reed

I am pretty sure reed would slot in well on the wing and this would look like a heaps more potent and experienced line up if you ask me.

DeeJ

Bench
Brisbane always produce good, young wingers. Have faith in the new guys.

Even so, Hodges is one of the best centers, Reed is very consistent, Maranta had a great debut year and looks very reliable, Kemp was great in the past and could be again this season if he regains his fitness.

b4l

Juniors
It's not just wingers we should be looking at.
Only Hodges is safe in the backline and he won't be around 4ever ever.
The problem with our backs is the coach has gone with solid big players over skilful, agile outside backs.
I'm sick of hearing Gould rave on about our juniors. They are all built the same, they are all have limited skills, they are all around the same speed.
I'm talking about the likes of Beale, Norman, Maranta, Reed, Whitchurch, Kahu and to the lesser extent Glenn and Gillette.
We are like a team of backrowers.
Let's see if JB or Leroy get a chance this year.

b4l

Juniors
It's not just wingers we should be looking at.
Only Hodges is safe in the backline and he won't be around 4ever ever.
The problem with our backs is the coach has gone with solid big players over skilful, agile outside backs.
I'm sick of hearing Gould rave on about our juniors. They are all built the same, they are all have limited skills, they are all around the same speed.
I'm talking about the likes of Copely, Beale, Norman, Maranta, Reed, Whitchurch, Kahu and to the lesser extent Glenn and Gillette.
We are like a team of backrowers.
Let's see if JB or Leroy get a chance this year.

It may work when we had Lockyer around but with average halves we need as much spark/skills in the back five as possible.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh*
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Kemp

*Maranta until Yow Yeh returns

It is extremely positive to even think Yow Yeh comes back this year. Hodges was talking about him sitting out this year as well to allow his ankle to get stronger. :crazy:

jakepearce94

Juniors
I would not mind this heaps more experience and classy looking if you ask me.

1.Norman 2.Hoffman 3.Glen 4.Hodges 5.Reed

I am pretty sure reed would slot in well on the wing and this would look like a heaps more potent and experienced line up if you ask me.
reed isn't a winger, doesn't have the wingers build, or the speed

jakepearce94

Juniors
Brisbane always produce good, young wingers. Have faith in the new guys.

Even so, Hodges is one of the best centers, Reed is very consistent, Maranta had a great debut year and looks very reliable, Kemp was great in the past and could be again this season if he regains his fitness.
i don't really think reed is consistent, very hard to find a consistent player these days, gallen and parker are the only ones that come to mind for me.

Country Bronco

Juniors
reed isn't a winger, doesn't have the wingers build, or the speed

I also believe Reed best position is centre. I don't believe in moving him to wing eventhough I've seen him play there. His size, speed and skills are more suited to centres. We shouldn't be playing players out of position eg copley on wing, hunt as utility hooker and wallace as halfback.

2nd that!

stop calling him leroy

By Leroy you mean delroy????

Latest posts