What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our players are fat

Bretto

Bench
So, watching the game, numerous players look well overweight. Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Corey Norman, Alex Glenn, Andrew McCullough to name a few I've noticed...

Chainshada

Juniors
He's just being a really great guy and giving all the kick returns to Hoffman, because metres are the only stat Hoffman prides himself on.

b4l

Juniors
Oh.. so you only realize this now? I don't want to be a told you so, but I TOLD YOU SO.

Anyways, I hope to see Leroy and JB get some games this year. Both look sharper than most of the regulars. Give them a couple of off seasons and they'll be fat asses as well

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Dunno about fat, but slow, un-skilled and generally looking like spastics (apart from Hodges and Prince) for the most part? Yeah...

Maranta? WTF dude? Not enough room after Gillett positioned you perfectly? The nearest player was 2-3 metres away man! Still managed to run straight into touch...

f**k. Looks ordinary so far. Norman had a shocker. Wallace was a waste of time out there. Thaiday was as bad as he was last year...

Overall - not good. Hook needs to start living up to his nickname. His faith in the young players might be okay for NYC U20's. It is misplaced at NRL standard.

beads6

First Grade
Hoffman needs to go. Slow and can't chime in on any backline plays. He belongs on the wing in QLD cup.

ggmu

Juniors
Thought we looked good to start the game planty of ball movement from our forward and Gillett i thought looked dangerous. But there was nothing on the end of it no spark from our half. Just the usual get the ball on last tackle and see how high we can kick it.

Havent caught the last half of the game yet but from the first half the big show, Gillett, Hodges and Prince when he came on looked good.

Jack Reed seems to have lost his way and big Sam didnt look good either(can maybe put both these down to it being there first game of the year) our back 3 was lacking also. Really wish we had Yow Yeh to add little spark to the backline.

ozbash

Referee
So, watching the game, numerous players look well overweight. Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Corey Norman, Alex Glenn, Andrew McCullough to name a few I've noticed...

did you watch it in widescreen ?

I thought they went ok..

Bretto

Bench

I thought they went ok..

Comparing the players I mentioned to last season, they're far more rotund around the middle, particularly Parker who looks about 7-10kgs heavier in his stomach.

Comparatively, Gerard Beale looked about 5kgs trimmer for the Dragons, and looked much better for it.

jakepearce94

Juniors
Anyways, I hope to see Leroy and JB get some games this year. Both look sharper than most of the regulars. Give them a couple of off seasons and they'll be fat asses as well
stop calling him leroy -_- far out ! it's DELROY!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It's a trial FFS. Are we forgetting that Brisbane had 5 tries disallowed by the VR for various reasons all stemming from rusty finishing skills? They stick those five disallowed tries and it's a far different story.

Nerd

Bench

I thought they went ok..
Yes I thought they went ok as well.

I did notice that when Prince came on that he seemed to do things at a much faster pace than Wallace and our attack looked less predictable.

For mine leave Norman at 5/8 and put Prince in at half with Wallace on the bench to cover for the halves as well as a interchange for hooker.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Wallace and Norman both held onto the ball too much last night. Wallace was throwing dummies like they are going out of style, and Norman kept trying to just break through the line. Prince at least was promoting ball movement along the backline.

Reed just plain forgot he had a winger outside of him for most of the game.

Boy

Juniors
I don't know what your talking about I thought maranta had a great game
Definitely one to watch keep him with hodges

prince at half he was barking orders and they listened worked his ass off
Norman to full back he's a good player but to predictable in the halves
Hunt at 5/8 (and I'm not a hunt fan)

I think kemp with reed on the other side
Kahu didn't show anything great (may have just been nerves)

Chainshada

Juniors
Maranta played fine, and I expect him to be on Hodges' wing until Yow Yeh returns, was actually very impressed with Hodges, I think every time the camera panned accross him in downtime, he was talking to Maranta and looked like he was giving the kid tips.

1 try, 1 no try because of a toe on the line, and 1 no try because he was taken out (WTF no penalty?). Showed a hell of a lot more promise than Kahu or Berryman.

Boy

Juniors
I think hodges has taken this leadership role seriously this year.

re watching the match this morning I do understand the "players are fat" comment
Here's to hoping after season starting they trim down a bit just to add a bit more fitness and speed

Latest posts