What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our players are fat

unbreaK

Juniors
I wouldn't have Hoffman or Norman at fullback, they're both too slow, give Bond a shot at fullback, atleast the little fella is quick.

Also; Kahu was probably a tad nervous considering his injury history, give him another handful of games and he'll be back.

Chainshada

Juniors
My only issue with Hodges playing fullback was kinda confirmed..When he made that great break, he just didn't have it in him to run the whole distance. Our support play was abysmal, can't remember who it was, may have been Hodges again..made a break, ran 10m forward, evaded a couple of defenders, ran 5m to the left..broke out of a tackle, ran a couple more metres..and not a single one of our players got within 15m of him. I swear our backline was just thinking "It's Hodgo, he can do it all himself.".

Dazzat

First Grade
Hoffman - was not involved enough, and what was that bandage on his knee already?

Maranta - yes made the mistake of putting a foot out, but was otherwise solid.

Hogdes - all class and we need another one of him.

Reed - give him a break - he's coming back from injury (fair dinkum some fans are cruel).

Kahu - again, the kid is coming back from two years in the wilderness. Give him some time.

Berryman - solid on debut. I can't see him being a world beater, but may fill some holes this year.

Our halves - with Wallace and Prince on the park we looked pretty good and organised. A great balance of player right there - Prince with his organising skills and brilliant passing game and Wallace with his toughness in defence and solid play. Sorry, I think Norman will miss out as the first pick this year barring injury.

Forwards - solid with no stand-outs apart from Stagg who I thought looked busy and Parker who started the game well but faded in the back end, and Maguire who I'm predicting will have a massive year.

Nevcost

Juniors
It was good seeing Prince out there it seemed like he didn't care about giving some of out players a kick up the backside at least we may have some leadership in the halves this year

broncos4life

Juniors
Comparing the players I mentioned to last season, they're far more rotund around the middle, particularly Parker who looks about 7-10kgs heavier in his stomach.

Comparatively, Gerard Beale looked about 5kgs trimmer for the Dragons, and looked much better for it.

Serious? I'm not going to dispute the weight of the broncos but Beale was shocking for the dragons the other night, so if his supposed fb talent was in the 5kgs he better start eating fast

Aragorn

First Grade
man, I was going to start dishing out a list of fat jokes, but found they`re easily accessible on google so i wont go there..

Broncos arent fat - they`re just useless.

peace.

Boy

Juniors
I think this is the problem with bronco fans ( I'm guilty of it too )
Is we are overly critical of our players
We have been lucky to have some of the best players to ever play come through our squad
And we hold everyone to their standard

Locky was a once in a lifetime kind of player it doesn't mean just because we don't have 13 of him we can't win

We have great skill and experience with hodges, prince, and Parker even kemp
Good blokes coming through like glen, gillet, McGuire, Norman and hunt
And blokes overcoming injury/confidence issues kahu, reed + many more
And blokes still injured yow yeh Copley etc who are good players

I think if you look at it on paper we have a great team
Would you honestly say there is one player on our squad other teams wouldn't throw money at??

Sorry for spelling/ grammar it's late and I'm on my phone.

Kiwi

First Grade
We have been lucky to have some of the best players to ever play come through our squad

Locky was a once in a lifetime kind of player it doesn't mean just because we don't have 13 of him we can't win

Would you honestly say there is one player on our squad other teams wouldn't throw money at??

Yep, all this bad mouthing of guys like Norman ( as an example ), so bad that a crap underperforming club like the Storm and their useless coach wanted to sign him for decent coin.

jakepearce94

Juniors
prince at half he was barking orders and they listened worked his ass off
Norman to full back he's a good player but to predictable in the halves
Hunt at 5/8 (and I'm not a hunt fan)QUOTE]
although i'm not a norman fan, i'd like to see him and prince in the halves, they could be our benji and prince from the tigers 2005 premiership, both are very fancy players, and with scotty as a mentor, corey COULD be a great player. it's one or the other with prince and wallace, prince is the superior by a mile though! hope hook thinks the same way !

jakepearce94

Juniors
I think we would be a lot more dangerous with Hodges at FB, I dont understand why ppl think Norman should play FB, hes not exactly quick is he?
yes i agree with both statements, people just want norman as fullback cause he had a blinder on debut

I wouldn't have Hoffman or Norman at fullback, they're both too slow, give Bond a shot at fullback, atleast the little fella is quick.

Also; Kahu was probably a tad nervous considering his injury history, give him another handful of games and he'll be back.
hoffman is a standout in the q cup, but just doesn't put in 100% in nrl it seems, i'd like to see bond at the back too, but that will leave someone who is getting big dollars to waste away in the qcup. kahu's knock on was bloody terrible!

This year is gunna suck. We wont make the 8. In fact, we wont make the 8 for quite a few years to come.
how optimistic of you ! people were saying this at the beginning of last year and then we were what 3rd place up to nearly halfway through the season.

it's cause those players have set a high standard for the club, broncos have always been a strong squad, and with being a strong squad you should ideally have the best coaches, the best recruitment managers, the best staff. we should and have been fairly consistent throughout our history, only missing a few finals series since entering the comp. we except our players to go out there and put in 110% every game like most of the storm players do !

Yep, all this bad mouthing of guys like Norman ( as an example ), so bad that a crap underperforming club like the Storm and their useless coach wanted to sign him for decent coin.
really? this is news to me!

Aragorn

First Grade
hoffman is a standout in the q cup, but just doesn't put in 100% in nrl it seems...

what drugs are you on mate? he put his body on the line a number of times last year and got pulvaxed in the process. the game against the sharkies is one that springs to mind.

he`s just one-dimensional - no step, acceleration or fend...

MightyBronco

Juniors
how optimistic of you ! people were saying this at the beginning of last year and then we were what 3rd place up to nearly halfway through the season.

We missed the 8 last year.

Look, im a long time football follower, been a broncs fan since the start, and in my opinion we are in pretty dire straights. Optimism or lack thereof - i dont know, but i can see whats coming.

ggmu

Juniors
We missed the 8 last year.

Look, im a long time football follower, been a broncs fan since the start, and in my opinion we are in pretty dire straights. Optimism or lack thereof - i dont know, but i can see whats coming.

We didn't miss the 8 last year. We finished 8th and got knocked out first round which is as good as missing it. But we still made it.

ggmu

Juniors
Thats right, the cowboys did us in. It sure wasnt a good year anyways.

Def a bad second half of the year last year. Hoping a bit more experience in prince may help the player to not drop their heads late in the season. I also think a forward rotation will be better then last year with Josh McGuire starting and a fit hala coming off the bench at some point. Only worry will be the back line( apart from Hodges) and possibly the halves if prince and Wallace don't gel together.

renouf

Juniors
It just looked like the team from the backend of last season. No creativity in attack, bombed tries all over the field, Wallace running around doing his usual thing and nothing coming of it. I really hope Prince gets a start spot, because he's our only hope.

jakepearce94

Juniors
what drugs are you on mate? he put his body on the line a number of times last year and got pulvaxed in the process. the game against the sharkies is one that springs to mind.

he`s just one-dimensional - no step, acceleration or fend...
pristiq which is an anxiety medication. yeah only a number of times not consistently which is what we need, slater puts his body on the line consistently and thats what makes him one of the best fullbacks in the world.

Latest posts