What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Rugby Guys

Can anyone tell me, concerning our two new Rugby recruits, what positions they'll play in for us? all ive heard is that they play 'breakaway' and as a Rugby-impared person, i wouldn't have the slightest clue what that is. Also, does anyone know their stats? as in height, weight, etc?

jy

Juniors
JARROD SAFFY

Position: Number 8

Height: 190 cm

Weight: 100 kg

Date & Place of Birth: 24 October 1984, South Africa

Club: Sydney University

State: NSW

IRB Sevens Tournaments: 2003 - Dubai

Representative Honours: 2001 NSW and Australian Schoolboys, 2002 NSW Schoolboys, 2003 NSW U19s, 2003 Australian Sevens

don't know about McGann

TIGERPies

Juniors
Saffy placks lock, the same as in a league scrum, though his size in league probably sees him more suited to playing 2nd row or prop.

McGann on the other hand plays flanker and is looking like a replacement for scott sattler at lock. he has ball playing skills and is solid.

Flankers hang on the side of the scrum to steer and drive in union, also waiting to take any breaks on there side , eg breakaway, quck mobile easil7y broken from scrum

Bib

Juniors
jy said:
JARROD SAFFY

Position: Number 8

Height: 190 cm

Weight: 100 kg

Date & Place of Birth: 24 October 1984, South Africa

Club: Sydney University

State: NSW

IRB Sevens Tournaments: 2003 - Dubai

Representative Honours: 2001 NSW and Australian Schoolboys, 2002 NSW Schoolboys, 2003 NSW U19s, 2003 Australian Sevens

don't know about McGann

You have it all correct except for position. Saffy was the St Joesphs 5/8th a couple of season back, he will be a back up marshall and renyolds

jy

Juniors
if that's the case he is the biggest five eighth ive ever heard of!

no - he is definitely a Number 8. Will play in the second row IMO.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
jy said:
if that's the case he is the biggest five eighth ive ever heard of!

no - he is definitely a Number 8. Will play in the second row IMO.

Make your mind up mate :lol: :lol: :lol: what will he play ?????

Morro

Juniors
i think you will find that Todd Sly played 5/8 when Saffy was playing in the forwards at joeys

smoke more pot

Juniors
my mail is ol' todd is a syd uni playing grade, might of even played a couple of first grade games this season, pretty overated 5/8 .. had the luxury of some quick outside backs & lighting full back at joeys ..

put it this way, i'd rather we develop someone like mcdonnell (i know he plays fullback) in flegg or caldwell, haldwell?! at balmain ..

cant wait to see what these guys are made of when they put on the tigers jumper. wouldnt they start getting a run in the trials at 12 and 13 ?

Latest posts