What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Spine.

If you could replace ONE of our spine players to make the team more elite who would it be?

• Will Kennedy

• Blayke Brailey

• Nicho Hynes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Nicho back to full back, he is not a 7 or 6. I would do it now as much as I like WK.
We need a gun 7. Make or buy one, it’s too hard a question. Go to DA and Tricky now.
i like Brailey but we have not unlocked his attack or kicking game. Probably we never will.
What we need an Ennis type hooker, a bigger unit, not a small guy. If he could last the distance I would have Sifa at 9, but that sort of body. With Ennis endurance. You have to be incredibly fit to play hooker.
I Know coaching staff is very loyal and the team has played well this year, but it gets very serious after Origin.

Hynes doesn't have the speed for fullback anymore

Chimp

Bench
The problem with this question is, who’s available or a realistic option as a replacement. So you have to look at what’s available on the market and see which is the biggest upgrade to our team. I’m not sure there’s any quality available.

Maybe Pappy or Fa’alongo might come available if it’s true that Sua has a Pappy clause.

As far as 7s or 9s go, there’s very little available on the market.

I would probably be looking outside the box and looking at options in the U.K. options that are relatively low cost and mean we don’t have to punt anyone.

Maybe Brodie Croft (He’d be 7, Nicho to 6) or even Lachlan Lam - but don’t see either of them making a difference really.

Jack Welsby would be a great signing, but doesn’t look like he’s going to leave St Helens.

Truth is, we’ve probably got the best we can get right now - it’s all on getting the best out of what we’ve got - and for me, that starts with making Brailey an attacking threat.

Weaponhead

Coach
He's had an injured calf for months. Loss of speed may be temporary.
Had a calf injury last year as well. Not sure he would thrive doing the miles at high intensity that fullback requires.

It's moot anyway as Fitz won't move him from 7.

DJDL

Bench
Let’s get rid of everyone and start again. :rolleyes:

I have to say, watching the performance against the Dolphins I was reminded of Opes' "I'll never win a comp with these blokes" comment.

As much as I know you're being facetious, we definitely need an injection of some fresh blood to be serious contenders.

AFB goes a ways towards solving one issue (present form aside), but game management and a game breaker are two areas in need of improvement.

Nicho's improved considerably in the first area this year, but still has a way to go.
But I'm not sure where the game breaker comes from.

I think my comment was more of a response to the numerous threads on here whenever we lose, especially all the "let's get this totally untested guy from lower grade and have him replace *insert solid first grader here*" comments.

The addition of AFB will definitely improve us, and I agree with your Nicho thoughts. It's only his third year at half, though, right?

I chose Kennedy in the poll, but honestly, he's been pretty solid for us. I also agree that he's not necessarily a game-breaker though.

That said, if any of the three in the poll were on the open market, they'd be snapped up very quickly. We sometimes take them for granted, especially when the team is playing well. Maybe run the same poll after we beat the roosters a while ago, and you get a different answer, OR, no one is even thinking it.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I think my comment was more of a response to the numerous threads on here whenever we lose, especially all the "let's get this totally untested guy from lower grade and have him replace *insert solid first grader here*" comments.

The addition of AFB will definitely improve us, and I agree with your Nicho thoughts. It's only his third year at half, though, right?

I chose Kennedy in the poll, but honestly, he's been pretty solid for us. I also agree that he's not necessarily a game-breaker though.

That said, if any of the three in the poll were on the open market, they'd be snapped up very quickly. We sometimes take them for granted, especially when the team is playing well. Maybe run the same poll after we beat the roosters a while ago, and you get a different answer, OR, no one is even thinking it.
Couldn’t agree more - I get it, no one likes to lose and yes it’s bloody frustrating, but chopping and changing on a whim is clutching at straws. This ain’t playing that Rugby League Live on the PlayStation.