What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our worst performance since 2006?

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Forget the injury riddled 2008 season.. Give the team we had tonight, was that the worst performance since the 2006 preliminary final capitulation against the Broncos?

I can't remember a worse performance by a Canterbury outfit with a team like we had tonight for a long long time.

And a huge round of applauds to the Eels, who were superb tonight and played their best game of the season.. They nearly knocked off Titans, then they beat the Storm and now the Bulldogs.

Juniors
We may not make the 8 but we will shake a few teams above us....GO PARRA!!!

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Hahahahaha. Bulldogs are a spent force.

Go u dragons. 4 points clear
Get back in your mergawarra hole. You are damn luck you aren't on 28 and we aren't on 30.

I hope the Warriors crush you choking mergers just to see fans like you crawl back into the hole.

ankur

Juniors
r u guys cerious
all ov u go fkn have a cry uve been give dud calls
bro ur fkn cuming equal 2nd and ur having cries
jezzzzz at least ull defs make semis i mean comeon
f**k or all the same
knights pride
tc

Jono078

Referee
LOL ankur!

Wasn't even that bad IMO. Credit to the Eels, f**ked if I know what Anderson has done with em, but they're just about the most committed and most enthusiastic team right now, after all the doubts about that earlier in the year..

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
The standard of footy we've played all year, I'd consider it bad.

But of course, heaps of praise for Parra. They took care of Storm and tonight blew us off the park. They're going to cause headaches.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I wouldn't call last night's performance bad. Parra's up-and-in defence limited our attack and to be fair we stood flat all night and their line speed took advantage of that. I have my doubts about the keeping of the ten - Parra spent a whole set inside the ten, no penalty, handover, one tackle and bang, we're pinged for inside the ten... just seemed a bit sh*t in that regard.

All this crap about being full strength has me stumped - we lost Stagg in the lead-up and replaced him with Holdsworth. Remove a workhorse lock who tackles his ass off and replace him with an attacking & defensive liability who rarely plays lock and of course the sh*t was going to hit the fan :(

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
One player isn't a whole team, though. As a whole, we were sh*thouse. And parra were on fire.

My comments about it being the worst performance was probably over board. But I was really angry over the loss last night, as you get sometimes :p

jimmythehand

Juniors
correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not Holdsworth that had last grab on fui fui and just let him go? If so that's at least 3 games this year where he's just grabbed at a forward and let them thru to the try line. He's a massive liability in defence, and the opposition will usually get one drop ball out of him a game too.