What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our worst performance since 2006?

Wobbygong

First Grade
Worst performance since 2006 WTF???

You're whole 2008 was an absolute emabarrassment, remember you won the wooden spoon in a canter :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Worst performance since 2006 WTF???

You're whole 2008 was an absolute emabarrassment, remember you won the wooden spoon in a canter :lol:
I don't know if I'd say canter, we finished even with the Cowboys tbh.
Some cracks starting to show?
Teams do lose games throughout a season you know?

Manly got spanked by Souths this time last year, where did they finish? :)

Dogs Of War

Coach
Yeah Bulldog 4 Life, I saw you whinging on Justin TV. Then I went to full screen so I didn't have to read it anymore.

jimmythehand

Juniors
could be worse thommo, we could be playing our best footy way too early in the season.

If the Dragons win this year's premiership then they are deadset legends. Playing way above their individual status and keeping it up for the last 3 months of the year. If they do win the G/F you've certainly got a team to be proud of.

As for us, I don't care much about the performance against Parra. The only thing that worries me is that Brett Kimmorley led teams have previously fired early and faded late in the season. But if we can start showing excellent form 2 weeks out from the semis and play our best during the finals that will do me.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Agree Jimmy. Really the Dogs are playing some good footy, and I think we can get there, good thing for us is that we have some more levels to come, while I think the Dragons are playing as good as they possibly can. Maybe they fade come semi's time, while we get it together again.

Something like Barba off the bench for the rest of the year must be something to be considered, as we need that spark off the bench if we are having trouble cracking the defence like against Parra, that x-factor can really prove to be a big difference then. But I would like Barba to get some time earlier to get used to the pace.

Juniors
I wouldn't call last night's performance bad. Parra's up-and-in defence limited our attack and to be fair we stood flat all night and their line speed took advantage of that. I have my doubts about the keeping of the ten - Parra spent a whole set inside the ten, no penalty, handover, one tackle and bang, we're pinged for inside the ten... just seemed a bit sh*t in that regard.

All this crap about being full strength has me stumped - we lost Stagg in the lead-up and replaced him with Holdsworth. Remove a workhorse lock who tackles his ass off and replace him with an attacking & defensive liability who rarely plays lock and of course the sh*t was going to hit the fan :(

Get over it bud, Idris try shouldve gone to the Video Ref for either a second movement or short of the line....Why they took 5 mins to check burts try and not go up for Idris is ridiculous.....Fui showed your ORIGIN prop how to hit it up...hahaha

Just face it you had nothing last night and stop your whinging...we are not scared of your combined NRL team consisting of 6 bulldogs players...

Timmah

Staff member
Get over it bud, Idris try shouldve gone to the Video Ref for either a second movement or short of the line....Why they took 5 mins to check burts try and not go up for Idris is ridiculous.....Fui showed your ORIGIN prop how to hit it up...hahaha

Just face it you had nothing last night and stop your whinging...we are not scared of your combined NRL team consisting of 6 bulldogs players...
Idris try was a try. The momentum was still in the tackle, he never lifted his arm to make a second movement, and it clearly touched the line. Burt's try took so long to check because the pick-up-put-down wasn't clean. It was a try though.

As for "having nothing" - I don't see anywhere that I've denied you lot were clearly the better side. 27-8 is a dominant display by any measure.

You've lost me on that last bit, wtf are you on about? What would any of us be scared of? Parra won't be making the finals :lol:

salvy71

Juniors
r u guys cerious
all ov u go fkn have a cry uve been give dud calls
bro ur fkn cuming equal 2nd and ur having cries
jezzzzz at least ull defs make semis i mean comeon
f**k or all the same
knights pride
tc

Translation required please ?

jimmythehand

Juniors
I'm just guessing but i think if you rotate every letter by 7 to the right it's the lyrics to 'don't blame it on the sunshine'

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Translation required please ?

r u guys cerious
all ov u go fkn have a cry uve been give dud calls
bro ur fkn cuming equal 2nd and ur having cries
jezzzzz at least ull defs make semis i mean comeon
f**k or all the same
knights pride
tc

Translation:
All of you go have a f**king cry, you've been given dud calls.
Brother, you are f**king coming equal second, and your crying
Jesus, at least you'll definetly make the semis, i mean, come on
f**k or all the same (i don't get what this is supposed to mean, it could mean "f**k we're all the same")
Knights Pride, Take Care.

Packy

Bench
Eels were fantastic. The offloads killed us. We were doing each tackle 2 and 3 times.

We missed Stagg alot and our fitness didn't seem to be up to scratch. Season taking its toll perhaps?

I think we might need to consider putting Eastwood and possibly Gordon in earlier, maybe even starting. They are both big and strong and looked full of beans in comparison to the other forwards.

As for Parra.. where were they the 1st half of the year? Moi Moi always plays well against us and Burt is so far under-rated it isn't funny.

Timmah

Staff member
Burt isn't underrated he's just hot and cold, Parra fans will attest to that. Just depends on the week as to when he puts the effort.

As for us, the rest of the boys having to pick up Staggy's workload was a massive downer I think, particularly with Holdsworth being a relatively weak link in defence.

Hopefully we bounce back against Souths, no injury concerns out of Saturday which is a plus.

Did anyone else have a "2008" feeling about last Sat night?

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Most definitely. We lacked any cohesion, we looked flat and predictable in attack (thanks to the Eels picture perfect defense) and looked tired. It was just one of those nights.

But I haven't seen us really peek this year for the whole 80. The Dragons already have. That could be a big plus for us leading into the finals.

Packy

Bench
I don't know how but I felt we were in line for a loss. To be fair I am often wrong about that sort of thing but the inner pessimist comes out some times.

bulldog

Bench
It's the first game I was confident we would rack up a big score :lol:, I was giving an Eels mate heaps before kick off.

Parra were great with and without the ball, they would have tested any side on the night, nothing to be too worried about yet.

jimmythehand

Juniors
Burt isn't underrated he's just hot and cold, Parra fans will attest to that. Just depends on the week as to when he puts the effort.

As for us, the rest of the boys having to pick up Staggy's workload was a massive downer I think, particularly with Holdsworth being a relatively weak link in defence.

Hopefully we bounce back against Souths, no injury concerns out of Saturday which is a plus.

Did anyone else have a "2008" feeling about last Sat night?

yep, I think it was the 3 times we kicked on the 2nd tackle.

EELICIT

Juniors
correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not Holdsworth that had last grab on fui fui and just let him go? If so that's at least 3 games this year where he's just grabbed at a forward and let them thru to the try line. He's a massive liability in defence, and the opposition will usually get one drop ball out of him a game too.

yes it was , however you should be questioning ryan (your captain) who was also hanging on and hannant who got run over for the second time !

EELICIT

Juniors
Eels were fantastic. The offloads killed us. We were doing each tackle 2 and 3 times.

We missed Stagg alot and our fitness didn't seem to be up to scratch. Season taking its toll perhaps?

I think we might need to consider putting Eastwood and possibly Gordon in earlier, maybe even starting. They are both big and strong and looked full of beans in comparison to the other forwards.

As for Parra.. where were they the 1st half of the year? Moi Moi always plays well against us and Burt is so far under-rated it isn't funny.

you speak alot of sense! Stagg was a big factor because he is hindmarsh in another body. His work rate and cutting off plays would have done wonders . As in regards to burt he has been the leading points scorer for the last 2-3 years (ala El mazri) but got injured when we needed him. just tell the other eels supporters that LOL