What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overseas player quota

Wire_Godfather

Juniors
To be honest I am not too sure. Unless Its just Aus players that count on the quota now. I dpn't know the full "ins and outs" you see.

The last time we tried to sign him a few years back he DID count on the quota so unless Appo doesn't count anymore. Hell I don't know. To be honest though I wasn't aware that NZ players counted on it.

My avatar is how I feel for 80 mins at every wire game :D

FredParky

Juniors
Leigh have Ferris, Stapleton and Kent on overseas quota, Leafa is a Kolpak ruling player, Sturm is a 5 year resident.
London are allowed 5 Overseas because they have developing area status (and have had for 10 years now yet they send their promising under 21 academy players North to play for Hull under 21 academy as they are the only SL allowed not to have an under 21's academy team)

alexisUK

Juniors
bartman said:
Is there some "free agent" rule that might account for an OS player not counting to quota after x number of years playing in SL?
Used to be after 5 years, now no longer applied for new players, but anyone who was under the quota on the 5 year residency thing when it stopped being policy still doesn't count. If that makes sense? I've had a long day :(