What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OzTag

Alan Shore

First Grade
The Yawnyawn scumbags seem to have stolen touch footy from us, so now we need another developmental tool. I believe OzTag will more than adequately fill the void, and I believe it's actually superior to touch. You can kick, and it's harder to be 'tackled'.

It's the only way we can get League a foothold in the schools and communities of WA, SA & VIC, seeing as they're all AFL states and the parents have the false perception that their kids will get hurt playing rugby league. Even though the statistics show otherwise, we cannot change their perceptions this early on so we have to work around them. The ARL/NRL have to move fast though, because you can be sure Yawnyawn will try to steal OzTag from us too.

XXXX

Juniors
Actually Oztag comes from the USA where they adapted flag football to Aussie Rules and is now a big mover .Now the AFL is trying to develope it here as recreational football .

RL touch football is big in WA and I guess similarly in other southern states ,but that doesn't transpose into any interest into playing tackle RL.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I know. In Traralgon (Gippsland) they cannot cope with the interest in the Summer Touch Competition, as there are so many players waiting for spots in teams. But you don't see these people get interested in rugby league. Touch needs to be associated more with it's parent sport.

Simo

First Grade
XXXX said:
Actually Oztag comes from the USA where they adapted flag football to Aussie Rules and is now a big mover .Now the AFL is trying to develope it here as recreational football .

RL touch football is big in WA and I guess similarly in other southern states ,but that doesn't transpose into any interest into playing tackle RL.

I believe Perry Haddock invented austag in Aus.

Latest posts